Talked my brother into buying GN

purplemama

I saw my brother today for the first time since becoming car seat obsessed and noticed his very tall and 40lbs 3 year old was still in his AOE type seat. I thought that was funny 'cause I've read people talk on here about not being able to use the top headrest spot with the harness (I might be wrong about that, not sure and he didn't have the manual with him) and I was pretty sure the weight limit was 40lbs. So I told him he needed a new seat. To which he replied that they were going to put him in a booster because of the weight limit but weren't comfortable with that 'cause he just turned 3. So I was VERY happy to inform him of the new higher weight seats out now and showed him the nautilus online and he was way excited that they would be able to keep him harnessed for a lot longer. I guess that made me feel better because I really pressured them to turn my nephew at 1 because I thought at that time you were susposed too:(. I even went out to their car and turned it for them:(. I've been carrying ALOT of guilt about that since I found out about extended rearfacing. I feel like I put my nephew in danger. But I feel a little better now that he'll be in a harness longer.

On another note, I like the titan WAY better than the uptown, it's so much easier to adjust the harness and so much easier to get my DS in and out of. And he screamed and fought like heck with the uptown but not with the titan.

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Good for you, helping to keep your nephew harnessed longer! :thumbsup: (And good for your brother/SIL for knowing that a booster wasn't right for him.)

fyrfightermomma

That's great!

Don't feel bad. I actually made fun of my SIL back in 2004 when she had my niece still RFing at 16 months. I said "are you going to keep her that way until college?" She had her turned the next time I saw her. I found out later she was still RFing at 16 months because she wasn't 20 pounds yet, so I ended up making her turn her before 20 lbs :thumbsdown: She was just trying to follow the rules. Talk about guilt!

She didn't hit 20 lbs until about 2 1/2 d/t severe failure to thrive. She is now 5 and still in a Generations harnessed seat. If I wasn't car seat savy, I would have probably tried to talk her out of that too by now and into a booster (all 30 pounds of her!)

Oops......

So it happens to all of us!

Mommy2Marcus

WOOT! Do not feel to bad! We all do things like that before we know better! However it is GREAT that you helped him keep his DS harnessed & safer now! Also kudos for your brother knowing that a booster was not right for his 3 y/o!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC