Question Britax Regent

barnmama25

Is this seat being discontinued? I have the GN right now for ds (3 1/2, 41lbs, 15-16 inch tourso?) and I hate it and He hates it! My back seat of my Grand PrixGT does not offer a lot of leg room with the way the front seat reclines back to sit comfortably in the front. He has such a hard time getting in and out (and I have a hard time getting him out when he falls asleep) because those darn HUGE armrests on the GN. Also he complains his back hurts all the time in the GN. Before this he had the Britax Marathon, never one complaint from him while using it (but that is gone now and I dont really want a convertible for him) and eveytime we go to USA Baby he crawls up into the Cowmoo MA and says I want this one! (go figure, eh?)
Anyways I would get a Frontier but I HATE HATE HATE the mesh covers!!! Thats why I was thinking Regent, but if they are being discontinued will I ever be able to get replacment parts? (say 3 or 4 years from now)
Also how long can you use the LATCH on the Regent? and Frontier? (I am fine with using the seat belt, just curious?)

Thanks in advance!

ADS
on another thread they said the regent would not be discontinued just was going to be sold at 250 regularly. it is a different kind of seat then the frontier so there is still a market for it. as far as latch on the regent and frontier i believe up to 40 lbs..(thats the limit most car manufactuers put on their latch connectors) then you need to use a seatbelt. the frontier you can go back to latch again once you are no longer using the harness and just using it in booster mode.

barnmama25

Does anybody know if Britax will be making non-mesh covers for the Frontier? (and not just the Sahara? My car is black interior and silver gray outside, besides the Sahara I personally think is ugly)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I thought it was 48 lbs on the Regent and 40 on the Frontier.

You also need to check the limits of your vehicle. If your vehicle only allows LATCHing to 40 lbs, you have to stop there regardless.

Rumors of the Regent's demise are greatly exaggerated.

Connor's Mom

I thought it was 48 lbs on the Regent and 40 on the Frontier.

You also need to check the limits of your vehicle. If your vehicle only allows LATCHing to 40 lbs, you have to stop there regardless.

Rumors of the Regent's demise are greatly exaggerated.

You are right, I was only thinking about the Regent. It is 48 lbs on the Regent and 40 lbs on the Frontier.

barnmama25

OK I will be using the seat belt anyways, I was just wondering. Now for whoever has a Regent- how does your child sleep? I mean is their head always slumped forward or is there any side support at all? I think I am going to need the extra harness height that the Regent offers, my son is a mini Brute!

bobbysgirl7103

I have 2 in Regents and have never noticed any head slump with them. Their heads can reach the sides to rest. And they both say that their car seats are super comfy. :)

ginny4

OK I will be using the seat belt anyways, I was just wondering. Now for whoever has a Regent- how does your child sleep? I mean is their head always slumped forward or is there any side support at all? I think I am going to need the extra harness height that the Regent offers, my son is a mini Brute!

VERY WELL!!! my DD LOVES IT!! she just leans her head over to the side. no head slump at all. i just :love: the regent

Peony

DD1 has been in a Regent for a year, she LOVES it. So much in fact that she refuses to ride in anything else so we now have 3 Regents. :eek: We have never had an issue with had slumping, the sides may not look deep, but they are more then enough. She also calls them her couch.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The Regent is the only seat my DS's head DOESN'T slump in. It seems counterintuitive, but it's true.

bethng

Now for whoever has a Regent- how does your child sleep? I mean is their head always slumped forward or is there any side support at all? QUOTE]

My 7yo dd sleeps very well in her regent. No head slumping. She just turns her head to the side and she is out like a light!

barnmama25

Good to know! With the Nautilus my sons head is half way down his chest when he passes out, which I hate because I know he has to be uncomfortable!
Now when are those darn Britax sales?

Kat_Momof3

It depends on the kid... my boys slept so perfectly in the Regent... but with Ruthie, no matter what I did (even getting her a toddler coddler), her head would flop so low and so badly that she'd keep waking up screaming.

It's why we switched for the Radian (which is now her spare) and then bought the nautilus when her Britax Laptop (previous spare) was due to expire.

barnmama25

Oh my gosh Kat- Ruthie is getting so tall! She isn't a baby anymore :(

Ok So I decided the Regent will be his new seat, Now does anybody know how well it installs in a 2005 or newer Grand Prix GT? And I am assuming I will have to use the LBP? I dont think I will get to USA Baby anytime soon to try it in my car without my kids (their just too much to keep track of by myself in the big city) and I want to buy it durring the big sales.
Thanks again guys!

teacher01

My DS regent fit GREAT in our Grand Prix!!! It is solid as a rock. (Although it is installed with latch.) His head never slumps forward, and he sleeps great in it. He was asleep yesterday within 3 minutes of leaving church. I think you will :love: it!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC