Poll: Ht & Age @ 50lbs?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My kids were about 50 inches and 50 pounds at age 7.5. The are average height, maybe a little tall, and a touch below average weight.

scatterbunny

Well, my dd went through a weird standstill with weight between 49 and 50 pounds. She was 49 pounds right around her 5th birthday, but didn't hit 50 pounds until right after she turned 6. Her whole kindergarten year, she grew in height, but didn't gain a pound. Last year, though, her 1st grade year, between 6-7, she gained ten pounds. Thanks, school lunch. :rolleyes: :p

Since 9 months old, my dd has been 95th+ percentile for height and 80th+ for weight (generally she's 95th+ for height and 90th+ for weight, but she did go through some skinny phases where she dipped down to about the 80th for weight).

She was 49 inches and 49 pounds right around her 6th birthday, then hit 50 pounds shortly after.

skaterbabs

The boys were both (well) over five; they may have been close to 6 (Gregory) or 7 (CJ). Joy will be five in October; she only weighs 43 lbs.

Andie

Al hit 50 pounds at 6 and 46" tall. He was 42 pounds for the LONGEST time, but this spring/summer, he made up for it!

natysr

My kid isn't there yet. But I can answer it for myself.

I was 47" and 50 pounds when I was 10 years old.

wendy1221

My oldest was around 7, I think for 50 and 50?

my almost 5yo is short, so he's around 40/40. My almost 3yo is big for his age and is about an inch and a few lbs smaller than ds2. It's funny what a variation you can get, even in the same family. ;)

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Older DD was 5 when she hit 50 pound. I have no idea on height.

Older DS was 4.5 when he hit 50 pounds. I don't know his height either.\\
[

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
For DD1, 6 years old and approx. 48/49" tall when she weighed in at 50 lbs. DD2 isn't there yet, but I'm guessing she will reach 50 lbs. around the same age because she seems to be following a similar or slightly higher growth curve as her big sister.

Lys

Senior Community Member
Ian turned 6 in July and has been hovering at 48 lbs for about a year now. He just shot up in height recently and is 52"

TerisBoys

Josh and William were both first grade-ish - so 7yo. Couldn't tell you height, but they've always been tall.

Ryan is almost 6, 44# and 46". He's shorter and stockier than his brothers were though.

U

Unregistered

My oldest is 49 lbs and about 45 inches. He turned 5 at the end of March.

Emily is almost there. She is 6.5yo, 45" and 48lbs. She fluctuates on the weight a bit though.Sometimes is down to 46lbs, but is 48lbs steadily. I'm guessing she won't hit 50" for nearly a year. Put us at 7yo for both.

Oh, she is the smallest kid in her classroom it appears! The other kids are huge!

zactayaus

My oldest ds was about 50lbs 47" at 6yo.

My dd just hit 50lbs this winter when she was 9 1/2yo and was about 51".

My youngest ds is 5yo and only 37lbs and 42" so he seems to be following dd's growth pattern.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC