Which infant seat?

3acorns4Christy

We were going to be given a seat from my MIL, presuming it was a new in box BabyTrend seat. But since then it has been used numerous times and my SIL smokes severly in the car, we aren't smokers and Joel has lung issues that makes both dh and I want to steer clear of the seat. I am upset that the seat was even taken out of the box after it was promised to us to be new, let alone used daily with heavy smoking.

After talking to dh we are backing out of even considering getting it, mainly due to Joel's lung issues with smoke, just can't do that to him. I know he will not be in the seat, but having it in the same car as he is just makes me nervous.

So here comes the fun part...I get to shop for a new baby seat!! Wahoo!! :D

I am down to the SafeSeat and Keyfit 30. I really like the padding on the Keyfit. I know that the Safeseat is a bit taller then the Keyfit.
But which one do you recommend over the other?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Safeseat will last longer. Beyond that they're both great seats and I'd buy either. Do you want to use a carrier longer? Get the Safeseat. Do you have a stroller you want it to match to? Get that one. Do you like one cover or padding more than the other? Get that one. :) They're both awesome.

Wendy

3acorns4Christy

I want it to last a long time, we aren't big carrier people but I love the fit of them for little babies. So it won't be carried for that long, but will be used in the car until it's outgrown. Which my 2.5 year old still fits in it, barely but he does.

cowgirlsmommy

I love the Chicco. That's what I plan on getting for my next child. After playing with it in the store, it just seems so nice! I know it usually doesn't last as long as the Graco SafeSeat but I don't mind since I'll get to buy new convertible seats too :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC