Questions about the keyfit 30 and Graco Safeseat

U

Unregistered

I am trying to decide between the KeyFit 30 and Graco Safeseat. I am leaning towards the KeyFit 30 (the main hinderance is the cost difference. However, I have a few questions. How wide and long are both of these seats (with the base)? Also, with the KeyFit 30 do the fabrics all feel the same--meaning, are they the same just different color or are some more plush than others? I guess I could have the same question with the Graco as well. If I would get the Graco I would probably get the mosaic or metrolite stroller to go with it, and if I got the KeyFit 30 I would get the Trevi. Any recommendations? Thanks!

ADS

skaterbabs

I'm not sure about the fabric differences, but the Safe Seat 1 is longer than the Keyfit 30, and so will fit a taller child.

jsta1005

I personally haven't used either but am in love with both! Joolsplus3 has pictures of her daughter in both seats somewhere. From looking at the pics there was much more room in the SS1.

Also what about getting a snap n go frame for the infant seat then maybe some kind of umbrella stroller for when the baby is older.

U

Unregistered

I was thinking of getting a snap and go due to recommendations by others, but am not seeing the advantages of doing that then buying something else versus getting a smaller but full featured stroller to use right away. This is my third child. With my first two I had a Graco snugride travel system (don't remember what kind of stroller) but the stroller was too big and hard to handle. I ended up getting a Baby Trendsport lite stroller that I liked (although you can't use it with a car seat) but that is getting worn out now. I have a Graco DuoGlider that I like as well, but am not sure how much I will use it since my middle child will be 3 1/2 and 40 lbs when this one is born. I was also debating if it would be better to sell my double and get a Sit and Stand as my all purpose stroller rather than a single.

Ultimately, if one of the seats fits in our second car that is what we will get. Unfortunately I haven't found anywhere in town that carries either to be able to check them out in person.

skaterbabs

Honestly, travel system stroller are rarely worth the money. :twocents: In my experience, the best option is one of those frames, and then a NICE stroller later. You'll want something like a Maclaren Quest (just trust me on this one!) and if you ever go to parks or walk around a neighborhood without sidewalks, a good "jogging" stroller. (Personally, I like the Mahattan Dreamer Delux, but that's just my personal preference.)

I've had quite a few strollers over the years, and I've found it's bette rto spend the money for a good one.

thepote

My DS3 grew out of the SS1 by height first (about 20 months), so it would have definitely lasted longer than the Keyfit 30. Actually, I wish he still fit in the SS1 (he's 2 and 26lbs) -- it was definitely one of my favorite seats.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Judging by trying Ilana in the KF after she outgrew it, lol, she would've made it to about 12 mos in the KF (either one since she was only 21#). She could've stayed in the SS1 till at least 18 mos.

NannyMom

My DD is 23 months and has just now outgorwn the SS1. I too was debating on recomending the SS1 or KF30 for my pregnant boss. WIth the carseat shell height difference, I'll be recomending the SS1

Shanora

I've only gotten to touch one Keyfit, and I ended up buying a SS1 (due to the keyfit being only 22 pounds) and I'm glad I did, the fabric inside the SS1 is softer and more cuddly. They keyfit I played with the fabric felt rough, and I wouldn't have wanted the baby in a short sleeve and pants due to them sticking to the fabric.

Now remember I'd only seen one fabric type of the keyfit (due to it JUST being in canada and not being a whole lot of selection yet), so I have no idea what the other fabrics are like. Also depending on which SS1 fabric you get, it could be the same thing....kwim?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC