Impressed with new 3-in-1

djma

Just got back from BRU. Mostly there to waste time, but I did manage to have fun on the car seat aisle! :p Unfortunately, no pictures.

I was very impressed with the new AO that goes to 50 pounds. This one.

DS2 is above the 2nd slots on the MA when FFng. He is good a 1/2 inch, if not more, below the second slots on the AO. It seems very well padded. I think they did a good job with providing long enough shoulder pads - the front of the shoulder pad is shorter, so that they don't interfere with the chest clip placement, which I thought was a good idea.

I wish DS1 had been with me to try it out because he has outgrown the MA.

This may be my next purchase with my consignment sale money! I'll definitely post pics if I end up buying one.

ADS

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
OK, so is the seat actually any different than the old model? And I assume they are not longer making hte old version. I have yet to see the new version. Our Walmart still hs the 40 lb version.

djma

I'm pretty sure the new one is based on a new mold. The shell of the seat is taller than the older version.

The only place I've seen the new ones is at BRU. Our WalMart still has the old ones as well.

zactayaus

I went to Toys r us today and tried my 5yo ds in it (just for fun). I put it in the highest position and he had a good 3 inches at least left before he would need that height. Now granted he is a little on the small side (37lbs, 42", 15in torso) but this seat would definetly get him to 8yo at least.:p I tried to get my 10yo dd to sit in it but she wasn't in a cooperative mood today.

capeKO71

And it looks like they have the cheaper eddie beaur version now too... for $119... although no one has confirmed that the top harness height is the same as these versions...

capeKO71

Kat_Momof3

what I hate is the review on the new 3-in-1 gushing about how it's the only seat she'll ever need.

This is why I want them to stop putting booster guides on it... just sell it as a convertible carseat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC