Who wants to help me figure out seat arrangements and what to buy?

maidencomfort

We are FINALLY getting a 15 passanger van soon(yes, I know there are safer vehicles out there, but dh HATES the way the sprinter looks, and won't buy one :( Plus, I can't get a used passanger one). But we are also going to be keeping our current van (190,000 miles and still going strong) and I hate doing car seat shuffles. So I'd like to have a seat for all the kids that need them in each vehicle.

Right now I have:

8yo 48lbs in Safeguard
6yo 45 lbs in safeguard
4yo 34 lbs in blvd FF
1yo 19lbs in Marathon RF

I have available also a Parkway booster, and a Evenflo harnessed booster (chase I believe). Also the babe still fits in her infant seat (baby trend latch loc), but not for much longer.

The van we are getting will have LATCH connectors, and I'm hoping to exchange 2 of the seats for ones that will have the middle shoulder belt as well (chevy express, and then those seats will have 2 latch connectors as well). I'm thinking I'll use the seats the kids are currently in in the new van. And then the parkway for the 8yo, and the evenflo booster for the 4yo since she is well below the top harness slots (uses 2nd right now) in the old one.

I just don't know what I should get for the baby and 6yo. I prefer to keep him harnessed. So I was thinking maybe a regent since I won't have the space issues anymore, and he doesn't have a lot of room in a Marathon/Blvd anymore.

Any other ideas? I'm also looking for another seat for my neighbor to keep installed in her car (no latch or tethers) for the 4yo. I tried her in the Scenera at Target, and there wasn't a whole lot of room left harness height wise. I don't want to spend a ton of money for "extra" seats, but I want them to be easy to use and install also.

ADS

skipspin

LOL about your siggy- I was also homeschooled! I will work on it and post back with ah few ideas. Do you think maybe a Radian would work well for the 4 yr old?

maidencomfort

skipspin said:
LOL about your siggy- I was also homeschooled! I will work on it and post back with ah few ideas. Do you think maybe a Radian would work well for the 4 yr old?

I worry about the install issues with the Radian. Our current van doesn't have latch (I've heard it installs well with it, and is a pitb w/o in some cars to near impossible) and neither does the neighbors car. Though I could use it in the new van, and the Marathon or Blvd in the old van, and the evenflo booster in the neighbors car....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC