Ever seen these before?

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
That's a clever idea and they look kind of nifty but are priced a tad high for my budget. ;) I can convince DH we need $200+ Britax seats, but I don't think I can swing a $176 diaper bag made of seat belt webbing. :)

Tara

Cute..and yes, clever...but yes... cha-ching!! I can't do that one either. Car seat, yes, bag, no ;)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
My friend has one, it's really cute. It's tiny though and was still $60. It fit her needs though so she splurged. :) I guess on there it's $71, but maybe it was on sale b/c there's a place here in town that carries a few of them. I LOVE the diaper bag...don't think I could take DH into it though.

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
I'm rather crafty i wonder if i could buy enough seat belt webbing to make my own. Anyone know of a place that carries it? I know JC Whitney sells belts but dont really need the retractors and all (the buckles would be cool to use as decoration)

skaterbabs

I bet for this you could just go to a local junkyard and look for belts from s newer crashed car. You'd never want them for seatbelts, but for this it would be cute, and you could wash them and everything.

Tara

Junkyard...excellent idea!!

Too cool...now, if anyone wants to try this idea, I'll gladly demo the product :) As I'm not crafty enough nor do I have the time to put into making my own.

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Good idea! I'm currently buying an SVX body panel by body panel from a local junkyard maybe i'll go buy the belts monday if i can get a babysitter (not a kid friendly place.) It would be cool to use SVX belts, a little reminder of my cool non-mommobile when i'm driving the van. (my buckles are really cool too so they'll definitely be used for decoration!)

Check out classic cars for cool colored belts. My '72 dodge had bright blue belts and i've seen bright red so if you want more than basic grey or tan be sure to look for old stuff.

skipspin

My DH used to make "seatbelt" belts from ones from the junkyard. I think they are really cheap or sometimes free.

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
I have a few of the guys in the SVX owners club sending me belts out of their parts cars. I have to pay shipping and some of them may be damaged (most parts cars were totalled) but we'll see how i do! I have my grandmothers old sewing machine, its fairly strong and if its damaged it wont be a big deal. (Its older than me and it weighs more than me. DF would love to get rid of it and buy a smaller one.) I've restitched a patch on an old race harness (but didnt use it as it didnt pass SFI) with the machine and flew thru it like it was cotton and it was as thick as two belts together.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC