Need More Advice Please

Gsanmb

Okay I'm being a pest. :whistle:

Following our accident last week,
I am going to get dd1 a Monterey. Probably red.

Dd2 is 5 yrs old and 39 lbs give or take 1/2 lb. She wants a HBB to be a "big kid." She could probably sit nicely in the seat, she is not a fidgeter and she's a good listener. I could prevail upon her to go into a Frontier. She would be the only kid in town (I kid you NOT) still in a HWH seat. That is not normally a deal breaker for me. I KNOW she's safer in the HWH seat. I am just feeling bad and I need some support from other mamas who understand :eek:

Is it dumb to get her a HWH seat that she'll use the harness maybe a year before adamantly refusing (and able to sit nicely in BPB mode)?

Ds is going into a Frontier.

Here's my other STUPID dilemma. I cannot get the girls pink because ds wants pink and dh will freak if I get him a pink seat (first boy and all). So he is getting Canyon (black/tan) and the girls red (ds doesn't like red). I am sad the girls can't get pink. This is so dumb, I feel like an idiot even writing it out, but there ya' go.

Also, elitecarseats is out of canyon color. Who else is good and reliable to get from/return if necessary? No brick & mortar nearby.

ETA: Not going with another GN b/c I detested the head flop thing.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think the Frontier makes an excellent booster, and if you only use it for even a year harnessed, you'll be happy with it as a booster, so why not? :thumbsup: (meh, pink gets dirty, don't sweat not having it, lol).

Mommy2Marcus

I would absolutly put your DD2 into a Frontier. She really needs a little more weight on her IMHO before she goes into a BPB. So I wouls at least give her another year harnessed before putting her into a booster.

As for your DS & the pink issue. Why not just buy the girls pink & him a canyon or other color. Will he totally freak for some reason?

Also Albeebaby is a GREAT site to order from! Also I think Target.com also has them & if you hate them or anything you can return them to the store! They also have the Monterey as well, so you could order them all from the same place!!

Gsanmb

Thank you all that's very helpful.

He will definitely freak if they get the pink and he gets Canyon. He wanted the pink as we were looking on the website and had a tantrum when I said no. Sigh.

So I think Canyon for him and red for the girls, although I'd like to get them all red or all black/tan, but whatever. It doesn't really matter right? (I must be so hung up on this obsessing over small details because I'm still freaked by the accident?).

Target is a good idea if they take returns at the store even if you order mailorder.

Gsanmb

Okay I got the 2 Frontiers - one red, one canyon. I figure I can always buy/swap out a cover later if I want. I got a red Monteray for dd1.

That was an expensive bill! Phew! I know insurance will cover much of it but don't know if all, because I was replacing much cheaper seats (TB, GN, and Compass B510). It doesn't matter in the end though, even if they cover it partially, because I will feel better knowing my kids are in decent seats that will be used properly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC