new car seat arrived today,,,banged up box - is this ok?

healthyhome4us

Is the condition of this box, typical of a new car seat when it arrives mail order? It looks like the box was opened and resealed along all the edges..or maybe that is done before every shipment to reinforce the box?

(what do stores and Britax do with all their returns??)

It just looks like it was dropped from the top of skyscraper! I'm feeling uneasy using it in my vehicle..

Should I not worry about this? Please ease my concerns here...

thank you for checking out my pics....

CIMG1423.jpg

CIMG1420.jpg

ADS

sunnymw

My box was pretty banged up... but not banged up that much! And no tape in unusual places either...

Is it an August DOM? Are the LATCH things in their storage location? Does the seat look like it's been taken out and intalled/touched/anything?

FWIW, my box wasn't a funky-shaped one like yours, it was a big regular box :)

lauralou

Thats britax standard ma box.But that box has definitly been retaped.But it may have just been opened for viewing.And mail carriers are ruff on carseat boxes.Doesnt mean its damaged at all.

Citrine

I ordered by mail a regant seat and my box was in mint condition. Sunnymw, the boxes of marathons are like that. I have seen them at target. I think its kinda odd shaped box, but less packaging. Like Sunnymw said does it look like it has been taken out of the box? If so, I would be calling the company you got your seat from and ask for an exchage, send them pictures. your pictures should say it all.

Olivia 4.26.04 37lb 43in Regant/GN
Makayla 9.16.06 25lb 33in RF Wizard

monstah

When my BLVD arrived by UPS it was in near perfect condition. IMHO, I would call whoever you got it from and send pictures if possible. See what they tell you. If you get nowhere with the company, I might place a call with Britax and have them tell me it's OK. I am a worrier and would never be able to shake the "what if" feeling. :shrug-shoulders: But that's just me.

healthyhome4us

This seat was sent to me as a replacement for one with a the twisted strap problem that I posted about...I have to now resend my damaged one back to them. I am worried I'm sending back a seat with a small problem for maybe an unknown bigger one,,,this box looks like it has been through the ringer!

they can't resell seats that have been installed and returned, right? that would just be unbelievable to me...

inside,,the seat is still in plastic wrap but I haven't opened anything yet.

I guess I'm feeling that since it was a courtesy for them to send it to me,,,I shouldn't be choosy..but I am worried about the overall integrity of the shell - having been through what is obviously,,a long journey to my front porch.

hmmmmm

overall - I have to say,,I was extremely suprised and pleased to hear they were going to send me a whole new seat,,,,I expected them to just give me an explanation of how to untwist the strap! The customer service was extremely friendly and helpful...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The boxes go from Britax to stores with no tape at all...so it's lucky someone thought to tape it before sending it on the delivery truck to you :thumbsup:
Overall, I've seen better and worse boxes... make sure there's no damage to the seat or the cover's not rubbed bare in a spot, and it should be fine.

if the seat is still wrapped in the plastic its unlikely that it was removed from the box. those boxes open easily in the front so maybe they taped it to prevent it. it might have had a stop or two between britax or the company and your house. i'd look at the seat ias bad as the box looks if it was really damge to the seat i would think the box would look worse.

healthyhome4us

Update,
I opened the box - there was a rip in the plastic..but upon inspection,,the seat looked great..no rubbed spots on the fabric or plastic........AND.....
would you believe the DOM is 2 days OLD!.....I am Jumping up and down...I can't believe this,,...and the customer service at BRITAX is just unmatched...WOW. What a super company.

they are even letting me keep the cover from my old one, before I return it.
To bad I got the crocodile fabric..I wish I got a gray or girly one.

thanks everyone for listening...you really helped keep me calm about the box.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC