Question Should I get the Monterey even though no LATCH?

Gsanmb

Hi all,

So my 2001 chevy venture is going to be repaired following our crash the other day. Insurance is paying for all new seats :thumbsup:.

I am getting at least one frontier, possibly two. However to replace 8 y.o. dd's Compass I was thinking of getting the Monterey -- but where she sits there is no LATCH (only one position in the car has it, driver's side outboard second row, and I put ds there for convenience's sake since the girls are not in the car as frequently).

What do you think? Is it worthwhile to get if no LATCH? If not, what else instead? I've liked the Compass b510 but the belt guides stink.

ADS

Morganthe

Since it's insurance paying for it, you could always try out the Frontier. :shrug-shoulders:

But having latch or not, shouldn't make up your mind about the Monterey. It might last longer than having your vehicle and it's basically only LATCHable to make sure it doesn't have to be buckled every single time.

Gsanmb

8 y.o. dd is definitely too big for the Frontier harnesses; we've tried it. She has a long torso. So it wouldn't be worth the extra $$.

Anyway I probably will go for the MOnterey because in the reviews I've read, it is also seems to be the deepest and most comfortable of the boosters even over the Monarch. Is that a reasonable conclusion?

Morganthe

Anyway I probably will go for the MOnterey because in the reviews I've read, it is also seems to be the deepest and most comfortable of the boosters even over the Monarch. Is that a reasonable conclusion?

Yes it's a very reasonable conclusion :thumbsup:
If it helps, I was seriously contemplating purchasing the Monterey and I don't have lower anchors on my current car for the reasons you mention. :D

I know I won't have my car forever and my dd is only at the very possible start of using a booster. But I'm holding off and waiting... well, I have a Frontier on order, probably for use in dh's future car next year.

mish

I think the Monterey is a great booster. LATCH is a plus, but I wouldn't not buy the seat because you don't have it. LATCH on a booster is a convenience thing. You have it so you don't have to buckle up an unoccupied booster seat when you are driving.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
If I had to get a booster now, I'd get the Monterey as well and there would be no LATCH where we would use it. :)

Gsanmb

Thanks! I am going to get it. Now please see my other thread because I am having a major neuroses today. Thank you. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC