Does the model year make a difference?

PKUmomto2

I saw Radian 65 for sale but it's a 2006 model. Is it better to pay more for a newer model? Are 2008 and 2009 models out?

Thanks!

Kristen

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If it's a 2006 then it will expire 2 years sooner than a 2008 (well, and the newer ones have some improvements). But you'd want to really know the actual date of manufacture, because some e-tailers just 'say' it's a certain model year, when really no such thing exists for carseats as they do for strollers (carseats come out at random times and have improvements made at random times, they don't have model years at all).
:)

PKUmomto2

I guess since I'll be using it through three children it's best to get the latest model then. Is there a way to tell what model I'm getting? I've read on here that you wouldn't know until you open the box but there must be other retailers out there that know?

Thank you for your help!

Kristen

Unfortunately, Sunshine Kids does not print their date of manufacture (DOM) on the box. To get to the DOM, the box would have to be opened. Retailers (both on-line and physical stores) will generally be unwilling to open a box (making it no longer a "new" product) so that they can tell you when it was made.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Best to buy from a store with high turnover/brisk sales, you should be relatively assured of getting a newish one. And they are good for seven years I think (or maybe 8, but definitely longer than six!).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC