Question 3 Britax Marathon seats fitting in an Equinox

U

Unregistered

When my daughter was born we bought 2 Britax Marathon carseats... one for each of our vehicles for convenience... we have since had twin boys who are ready to advance from their infant carrier seats. I was wondering if we could move the boys into the BM's and buy another for our daughter...

If not what should I be buying that would fit... I have no idea if 3 will fit across... Does anyone know???

Thanks

Laurie

ADS

skipspin

It's possible that they may fit, but it will be tight. How old/tall/heavy is your daughter now?

I had a VUE and at least in the pre-07 models the rear seat was the same as the Equinox and I could get 2 Marathons and a Radian or lower-profile seat in the back without a problem. I'd imagine that a RFing MA, RFing Radian, FF or RF MA would work really well in the back.

mish

I have a Pontiac Torrent, which very close to the same as the Equinox. I haven't tried 3 MA, but I imagine it could work. You aren't going to want to move them around often though. I have a Frontier and Nautilus outboard in mine and can sit between them (and I am not small). As the PP mentioned, RF FF RF might be your best bet for getting them to fit.

U

Unregistered

Should I be thinking another brand?
DD is ff and the boys will be rf for some time now.
DD is 33lbs and 38" tall

Thanks for the input so far

Laurie

mish

The Sunshine Kids Radian is a very narrow convertible. That might be a good bet for you. I don't know how well it installs in the Equinox though.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
The Radian would be the narrowest. I know someone with a Equinox. She uses the Radian in it. She also has a Uptown. We have done 3 across scenarios in her car, but not with MA's. I think We used 2 Radians and a infant carrier. MAybe she will she will see this and chime in.

jka1217

I have an '06 Equinox. I'm not sure how three Marathon's would fit. If you did it RF, FF, RF, it might work, but it would be tight. The problem I find is the armrests on the doors. The Marathon might sit up high enough to not interfere with the armrests on the doors and give you more room. I do not have a Marathon, so I can't say how it fits with the armrests on the doors.

As Lisa (azgirl71) said, we did do 2 FF Radians and an infant seat, SS1, as a three across and that was pretty tight. All three had to be seatbelt installs so I could get the Radians as far outboard as I could to get room for a seat in the center. That doesn't help you much though since you need 2 RF and 1 FF.

As for how the Radian works in the Equinox, it's worked great for us. Even though it is tall RF, since the rear seat of the Equinox moves forward and back, I just move the rear seat all the way back to get the Radian RF outboard, giving the front passenger or driver enough leg room (DH is 6'2", I'm 5'8"). It also works well FF, I found that I get the best install with the buckle stalk twisted at least once, sometimes twice, and the recline foot of the Radian down.

Do you have somewhere you could try seats out to work out a combination? I'm curious about how it will work, I think I will have to get together with Lisa (azgirl71) to see. Unfortunately, our schedules aren't clicking to be able to do it soon.

LuvMyGirls

I have a rental Equinox right now since my van was totalled Sunday. I have a rear-facing ComfortSport and a Monterey in there. The space between them is small. I have replaced our Radian80, but I've been too sore to try to install it in the Equinox yet. The Radian might fit between the seats I have installed now, but I serious doubt three Marathons would fit side by side on that back seat without the challenge of actually installing them there. I would think your best bet would be Radians.

JustJack

I have an '07 Equinox and I'm pretty sure the manual says only 2 carseats can be used. Either 1 on each side with the middle open or side by side with 1 end open. I don't see how you could fit 3 across when I can barley fit 1 rfing BLVD and 2 passengers in the back (and its a tight squeeze).

ETA: I found this on Chevys website:
http://www.chevrolet.com/safety/during/latch/

I guess you can do 3 across using the belts.
Good Luck!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I have an '07 Equinox and I'm pretty sure the manual says only 2 carseats can be used. Either 1 on each side with the middle open or side by side with 1 end open. I don't see how you could fit 3 across when I can barley fit 1 rfing BLVD and 2 passengers in the back (and its a tight squeeze).

ETA: I found this on Chevys website:
http://www.chevrolet.com/safety/during/latch/

I guess you can do 3 across using the belts.
Good Luck!

I see you wnr back and edited. I was just going to say you can do 3 across if you use the seatbelts. However, when using LATCH you are limited to 2 seats installed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC