Do you contact people about car seat stuff?

christineka

Lately I've contacted our safe kids person, graco concerning the 30 pound, 3 year old booster minimum and preschool characters on backless boosters, and someone who made a flyer about cp safety (It was misleading/confusing and pictured an expired century car seat.) I've also contacted Ford, telling them I want headrests on the bench seats in those big vans, since I may need one in a few years. (I have 5 kids now.) I'm planning to write to my local thrift store next to offer my services in training their stockers to look for manufacture dates.

I am curious as to whether I am alone in my endeavor or not.

I feel I should talk to people who can change things instead of just complaining behind their backs.

ADS
first congratulations on wanting to be involved. some people will welcome your advice others will not care and let you know that. my feeling is that as with everything the more people get involved and the more educated they get the better off we all are. i am constantly checking car seat on freecycle, craigslist, my local thrift stores, family. just to see what they are. although manuals state 6 yr exp on most seats. its hidden pretty well in there and honestly most people don't look at the manual anyway. i actually had a friend who bought a graco safeseat step 2 i think it is. anyway that horrid ff only seat that goes to 40 lbs and had her son rf in it. she showed me the box it didn't say ff only on it. i don't think it said it until page 5 or 6 in the manual. it says a small thing on page 2 but nothing big until page 5. any little bit you do will help eventually.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
i actually had a friend who bought a graco safeseat step 2 i think it is. anyway that horrid ff only seat that goes to 40 lbs and had her son rf in it. she showed me the box it didn't say ff only on it. i don't think it said it until page 5 or 6 in the manual. it says a small thing on page 2 but nothing big until page 5. any little bit you do will help eventually.

Sorry, but I can't blame Graco for that one. The cover of the instruction manual states "Forward Facing Child Restraint," and it's mentioned tons of times in the instructions. Even a cursory look at the manual would show nothing but illustrations of a FF seat.

As to the original question, I don't contact people about EVERY thing that I could, but I do when I feel it might make a difference. I write lots of letters to the editors of local publications, especially.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC