regent in a 97 Pathfinder

Peony

DD1 is currently riding a Signo in my mom's 97 Pathfinder. One of DD2's MAs will expire in a couple months so I will need that Signo for her. I have an extra Regent that I would love to go in the Pathfinder cause DH will flip if I buy another seat, apparently 8 seats for 2 DC are too much. :cool:

I've only installed our regent(s) in several different cars but they have all been new so tethers were already there, used LATCH, etc... Should the Nissan dealership be able to install a tether in a 97? I've played around with it and got LBP and SBP so I don't think that will be a problem, just the tether. This took me by surprise, my mom has been planning for years to get a new car this year, so I didn't think I would have to worry about the lack of tether, but she has decided not to, so now I'm trying to figure out how to make the seats I have work! TIA.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
You can retrofit up to 3 tether anchors in the '97 Pathfinder according the LATCH manual. :thumbsup: The Nissan tether anchor retrofit part number is 88894-89900 at a cost of approx. $15 per part, and there are three 8 mm weld nuts under the carpet in the Pathfinder's rear cargo floor. Nissan unfortunately doesn't have a free tether anchor retrofit program, but you might be able to install yourself with a torque wrench after purchasing the part(s). You could also have a look in the car's manual because I know some Nissan models have more details/diagrams in the owner's manual showing the anchor points for installing tether anchors.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC