Last day of TrueFit sale -- do I need one?

bubbaray

Talk me down. The girls have 6 car seats in use currently. None are on the verge of being outgrown. My "plan" was to get the GN when it comes north for DD#1.

This TrueFit intriges me. Today is the last day of the sale. Have they been this price before, do you think they will go this low again? Or is this a one-shot deal?

Anyone know how the top slots in the True Fit compare to the RN/FT/GN?

ADS

clarinetb

A friend got one and the expiry was March 2013, which seemed short to me. Maybe that's why they're on sale?

Hope you don't mind if I ask a quick question regarding this seat, does anyone know the rear-facing height limit? Is there a limit written and if not, what are the highest rear-facing harness positions. We're at the written height limit for our Eddie Bauer Deluxe 3-in-1 and getting close to the weight, so I'm looking at the TruFit...

Thanks!

Pepse

i know the true fits in our store are March 08 dom

The truefit just came out in canada a few months ago and I am sure they will have them on sale again.

I would wait for the Nautilus.

I think the manuel says, 1" rule

bubbaray

Hmm, thanks. Must check out the expiry then

DD#1's stats: hovering just under 40lbs (need to switch from a LATCH install and take off her SafeStops when she hits 40). Is on the top slot of her RN (1" left) and has 1 more slot on her Vision at daycare. My Ody has side curtain airbags, DH's Pathfinder does not and I'm not sure about our daycare provider's Explorer (2002).

DD#2's stats: 24lbs. RFg in MAs (one goes to 33lbs, the other to 30lbs RFg) and daycare ComfortSport (30lbs RFg).

santecno

The last day of the sale is tomorrow (Fri). I just brought in my Zellers flyer for next week and I don't see any car seats on sale in there.

Here is a comparison between the FT, Radian, TF, EFTA, and MA

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=55415 No GN, but I'm sure someone in the US has done a comparison. So search the boards :)

I picked a TF up for my 25lb 2 yr old to keep him rear facing and I'm waiting for the GN to come for my 44lb 5 yr old because I can't afford a FT even though I want one.

clarinetb

The last day of the sale is tomorrow (Fri). I just brought in my Zellers flyer for next week and I don't see any car seats on sale in there.

It be different between different Zellers, but it is listed online as the 28th which is today for the last day of the sale. Our flyers go from Friday.

Mystie81

i just received my true fit from zellers.com this week and the expiry date is March 31st 2015. im not sure how it could b 2013 on some seats since it just came out this yr and it has a life of 7 yrs..

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The first wave of TF in Canada seemed to have DOM of 31 Mar 2008. With 7 yrs of usefulness life, expiration is 2015. Don't know about the 2013 though - does she know for sure that hers expired in 2013?

185_8598.JPG

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The first wave of TF in Canada seemed to have DOM of 31 Mar 2008. With 7 yrs of usefulness life, expiration is 2015. Don't know about the 2013 though - does she know for sure that hers expired in 2013?

185_8598.JPG
:yeahthat: I have no idea how hers could expire in 2013, that would mean it would have been manufactured in '06 and the True Fit wasn't even out in '06....

I checked 3 different Zellers here and all had seats that were the March 31/08 DOM, nothing newer. I bought mine June 2 which was the same day they arrived at my Zellers.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC