Least expensive carseat for FF beyond 40lbs in Canada

clarinetb

I'm sure there is a post around here somewhere, but didn't see it.

A friend's almost 4 year old is 40lbs and has outgrown his current seat. She needs a new FF seat for children beyond 40lbs, however, they are on a really tight budget! I know the TrueFit is on sale at Zellers for $149 this week, but I thought you might know of any ones less expensive than that (probably not likely!)

Thanks,
Lauren

ADS

TerisBoys

I don't know Canadian pricing as well as I do US, but some options for her would be:

Evenflo Generations/Bolero/Chase/Traditions (harness to 47#, then booster - specs on the Zellers site are incorrect)

Graco Cargo (harness to 48#, then booster)

Cosco Apex (harness to 65#, then booster - requires a high seatback or headrest to support the top of the seat)

Evenflo Triumph Advance (harness to 47#, does NOT convert to booster)

The TrueFit, Sunshine Kids Radian, Britax Marathon, and Britax Frontier are also higher-weight harness seats, but I have a feeling they're all on the pricier end of the scale.

bubbaray

Cheapest would be the Evenflo Vision/Chase at Walmart. IIRC its now $79Cdn. It has reasonably high top slots (still fits my long-torsoed DD#1, its her daycare seat). Has a weird harness adjuster on the shoulder. I"ve never used the seat, but my daycare provider loves it.

It only harnesses to 47lbs, though, then converts to the booster. I've heard its not the best booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC