Problem accessing harness adjust with True Fit

capmish

Anyone else have this problem?? Not sure what to do!

We just bought and installed a First Years True Fit for our 12 month, 20 lb daughter. We want to keep her RFing for as long as possible.

I have ran into a problem though... when I installed the TF rfing into my 2001 Ford focus, I cant access the harness adjust!!! What do I do? Has anyone else had this problem? My husband wants us to just turn her ffing.... but not only is she not the 23lbs that the TF requires, I would feel more comfortable with her rfing for a lot longer. My hubby says that the law is 1 year and 20 lbs so thinks we should just turn her.

Can anyone give me some advice on how they dealt with not having access to the harness adjust! Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance!

ADS

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
This is the one 'issue' with the TF adjustor being a little too low down the front. You can try reclining the carseat a bit, so the front of the carseat can be further away from the vehicle seatback. Make sure the angle of recline is no more than the max. allowable angle of 45 degree though.

Mommy2Marcus

Hiya! I have just installed my Truefit, but have not yet used it. However I also agree that you can not turn your DD around to FF yet b/c she is not yet the weight limit. It is stated that she HAS to be 23lbs & she is not, so it would be going against the manufactors rules & would viod the warrenty & make them not responsible if you were in a wreck & the seat horribly failed.

Anyhow, I also wanted to add here that I have found that every seat I have used RF, and I have used alot of them, is a little harder to use the adjuster RF. The best thing I have found is to only adjust them as absolutly needed. I do not loosen & tighten my harness everytime, I set it to my son & only adjust it if it needs to be losser or tighter. This makes it alot less of a pain.

Another thought would be to recline the seat a little more. That might help you be able to reach the adjuster. However, please do not turn her FF, she is SO little & it really is SO much safer for her to stay RF!

Also here is a video to show DH about WHY she needs to be RF:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psmUWg7QrC8

capmish

Thanks ladies!

I will try reclining it more in the morning... I think I have a little more room to recline. If I still can't reach it I will try only adjusting it as needed...a BIG PITA, but I think worth it!

I just showed my hubby a whole bunch of info and videos and I think he now understands where I am coming from!

Thanks! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC