Help me pick some new seats

mominabigtruck

I accidentally posted in the wrong section last week so I am reposting again here:eek:

So here's what I need. New baby due in early March, I have a chicco infant seat now but I really feel like the bottom slots are too high so I want to get something to use for just a couple months. I do NOT want a sr or any graco seat for that matter, something with alot of eps foam and inserts and a reasonably good resale value. Installing in a 98 caravan middle seat captains chair with seatbelt.

I wanted to add too that at the moment I'm looking at a companion and pp just for the sip wings. My van has like no safety features and we're in the car all the time so that's pretty important.

I will also need a new seat for Peyton. He's 36lbs now and about an inch from outgrowing the efta. I want something that sits low on the seat, has super high slots and will install well in the back row of the caravan with seatbelt. I still have my husky that is good for two more years so if there's something that would work better for Dallas and could put Peyton in that, that would be ok too.

Last edited:
ADS

cpsaddict

If I had to choose between the two infant seats, I would go Peg Perego. I am not a fan of the inflatable headrest in the Companion. That said, I don't care for either of them. You have the Chicco Keyfit? I really thought that fit newborns really well.

For Peyton, what about a Frontier? It has great seat depth and makes the tallest booster out there. You can install it long belt path, so I would think it would install just fine in the back of the Caravan.

Oh and congrats on the new baby!

scatterbunny

IME, the KeyFit has pretty darn low bottom slots. :confused: So does the new Safety 1st On Board/Eddie Bauer Sure Fit, and that has a lower weight limit of 4 pounds, too. It's a really nice seat, actually.

I'd look at the Britax Frontier for Peyton, like Jacky said...or a Graco Nautilus (unless you've got a beef with Graco; I see you don't want a SR or SS1 for new baby). Keep Dallas in the Husky for now, since the top slots are about 2 inches taller than the Frontier/Nautilus, and when Peyton gets too tall for the Nautilus/Frontier, if the Husky is still good, move him to the Husky and use the Nautilus/Frontier as a booster for Dallas. :) My H is 52.5 inches tall, an inch over the Nautilus and Frontier top slots, but still has about an inch to go in the Regent, for reference. A search of my posts will also bring up photo comparisons of the Nautilus, Frontier and Regent with an average-sized 6yo and my big 7yo.

cpsaddict

IME, the KeyFit has pretty darn low bottom slots. :confused: So does the new Safety 1st On Board/Eddie Bauer Sure Fit, and that has a lower weight limit of 4 pounds, too. It's a really nice seat, actually.

I'd look at the Britax Frontier for Peyton, like Jacky said...or a Graco Nautilus (unless you've got a beef with Graco; I see you don't want a SR or SS1 for new baby). Keep Dallas in the Husky for now, since the top slots are about 2 inches taller than the Frontier/Nautilus, and when Peyton gets too tall for the Nautilus/Frontier, if the Husky is still good, move him to the Husky and use the Nautilus/Frontier as a booster for Dallas. :) My H is 52.5 inches tall, an inch over the Nautilus and Frontier top slots, but still has about an inch to go in the Regent, for reference. A search of my posts will also bring up photo comparisons of the Nautilus, Frontier and Regent with an average-sized 6yo and my big 7yo.

Yes, the new SureFit! I love that seat. I would so get one, but my mom already has the the Safeseat base. :eek:

scatterbunny

Low bottom slots, 4 pound minimum weight limit, energy-absorbing foam, tall and deep seat shell, base with built-in lockoff. :)

mominabigtruck

So I'm finally replying since I have been again gone all week:(

I don't have a keyfit, what I have is a european chicco that has 10 inch bottom slots. Don't get me wrong, its a super nice seat, Peyton fit in it long after he outgrew the ss but I don't think it will work well for a newborn. Somewhere around here I posted pics of him in when he was like 13 months old and that was after he outgrew the ss and ra.

I do think the surefit is really nice, I looked at it a couple weeks ago, but can I buy it not in a travel system? Also, what about the new compass/learning curve infant seat (Via???) that's at target? Is it decent? The reason I don't want a graco seat is because I know I will only use it a couple months and I don't want to spend $120+ on it and then turn around and only be able to get $30 out of it on cl. I know at least with a more expensive seat with a recognizable name I can make some of my money back on it.

scatterbunny

The EB version is only available in the travel system, the Safety 1st version is available alone, but I can only find it for $120 directly through the Safety 1st website.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC