New Ad for BRU with TINY baby ff in boulevard....

ADS

fyrfightermomma

Here's the ad I have, with a 1 year old in the GN.
View attachment 2680

While it's not best practice, that child certainly looks to be over the minimums. Would I like to see that child rear facing? Of course! But they are using the seat correctly. She "appears" to meet the minimums and is buckled correctly

I know we get very eager to "change" the world sometimes, but you also have to remember, alot of times these pictures are NOT doing anything wrong. It looks strange to us because we are used to seeing the 3 and 4 year olds RFing here, but I don't see how they are going to do a whole lot seeing as they are using the seat correctly

Would it have been wise to use an older child? Yep...but they didn't. And they showed correct usage for how their product is labeled and tested.

Now for the Boulevard CS one? That one is DEFINATELY not 1, so that would be misuse and should be complained about :twocents:

Kat_Momof3

did you check out the review from the mom who says it saved her kids' life.

it sounds like she's making stuff up because she first says her son was in the ss1 until 2, but then she says that he was rf in the graco comfortsport after that and that he's now 4 and 48lbs.

AND she says that she installed all the seats with latch AND the seatbelt and that ALL the seatbelts came unhooked.

can we get this review taken down?

fyrfightermomma

I flagged it... if you guys can still see it, flag it please

Wow...he graduated from the SS1 at age 3 and is now 4 ( a whole year later) and is 48 lbs. So he gained what....18 pounds in a year??

And I think I have the smallest 3 year old I know.....anywhere.....and she is probably going to outgrow the ss1 by height in a month or so. So her kid has to be TINY to have outgrown it at age 3 like mine, and then suddenly he is larger than an average 4 year old at 48 lbs?? Very very odd.....and why are the 25 month old's still in infant seats??

Hmmmm.....an infant seat fascination..... :whistle:

Right........

NannyMom

I know it's not best practice, and yes I agree she looks like she's over the minimums. What frustrated me is that many many parents thinks BRU are the baby gurus, they know what's best. One look at that picture and we know that's wrong (yes, we can often tell that just by going to the store). But may, just maybe we can change the world 1 company at a time :) I'm not going to boycot BRU over this, but yes I will send a letter. I WILL also include info an a 9 month old FF. I haven't seen that ad. Can anyone post it her???? All I did with mine was take a pic of it (w/o flash) and post.

Maybe if we could get BRU to show pics of ERF....THAT would be changing the world :) lol

emandbri

it sounds like she's making stuff up because she first says her son was in the ss1 until 2, but then she says that he was rf in the graco comfortsport after that and that he's now 4 and 48lbs.

That can't be right. The safe seat came out when I was preg with Elizabeth and she just turned 2! :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC