Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New Ad for BRU with TINY baby ff in boulevard....

Also, on the BRU website:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3009610

Manufacturer's Age:
    12 months - 10 years
    Our Recommended Age: 12 months - 10 years

It's an improvement from what it said a couple weeks ago (birth to 10 years), but they can recommend anything they want. For example, 3 to 10 years, or 35 pounds to 10 years.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by NannyMom View Post
    Here's the ad I have, with a 1 year old in the GN.
    Attachment 2680

While it's not best practice, that child certainly looks to be over the minimums. Would I like to see that child rear facing? Of course! But they are using the seat correctly. She "appears" to meet the minimums and is buckled correctly

I know we get very eager to "change" the world sometimes, but you also have to remember, alot of times these pictures are NOT doing anything wrong. It looks strange to us because we are used to seeing the 3 and 4 year olds RFing here, but I don't see how they are going to do a whole lot seeing as they are using the seat correctly

Would it have been wise to use an older child? Yep...but they didn't. And they showed correct usage for how their product is labeled and tested.

Now for the Boulevard CS one? That one is DEFINATELY not 1, so that would be misuse and should be complained about

E 8y 43 lbs 58" Harmony NBB
    S 7y 52 lbs 54" Harmony NBB
    J-4y 38 lbs Graco Headwise 70 Britax Roundabout 50

did you check out the review from the mom who says it saved her kids' life.

it sounds like she's making stuff up because she first says her son was in the ss1 until 2, but then she says that he was rf in the graco comfortsport after that and that he's now 4 and 48lbs.

AND she says that she installed all the seats with latch AND the seatbelt and that ALL the seatbelts came unhooked.

can we get this review taken down?

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

I flagged it... if you guys can still see it, flag it please

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

Quote Originally Posted by Kat_Momof3 View Post
    I flagged it... if you guys can still see it, flag it please
    Wow...he graduated from the SS1 at age 3 and is now 4 ( a whole year later) and is 48 lbs. So he gained what....18 pounds in a year??

And I think I have the smallest 3 year old I know.....anywhere.....and she is probably going to outgrow the ss1 by height in a month or so. So her kid has to be TINY to have outgrown it at age 3 like mine, and then suddenly he is larger than an average 4 year old at 48 lbs?? Very very odd.....and why are the 25 month old's still in infant seats??

Hmmmm.....an infant seat fascination.....

Right........

E 8y 43 lbs 58" Harmony NBB
    S 7y 52 lbs 54" Harmony NBB
    J-4y 38 lbs Graco Headwise 70 Britax Roundabout 50

I know it's not best practice, and yes I agree she looks like she's over the minimums. What frustrated me is that many many parents thinks BRU are the baby gurus, they know what's best. One look at that picture and we know that's wrong (yes, we can often tell that just by going to the store). But may, just maybe we can change the world 1 company at a time I'm not going to boycot BRU over this, but yes I will send a letter. I WILL also include info an a 9 month old FF. I haven't seen that ad. Can anyone post it her???? All I did with mine was take a pic of it (w/o flash) and post.

Maybe if we could get BRU to show pics of ERF....THAT would be changing the world lol
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

Quote Originally Posted by Kat_Momof3 View Post
    it sounds like she's making stuff up because she first says her son was in the ss1 until 2, but then she says that he was rf in the graco comfortsport after that and that he's now 4 and 48lbs.
    That can't be right. The safe seat came out when I was preg with Elizabeth and she just turned 2!

Emily tech and mom to Jacob 16, Daniel 13, Benjamin 9, Elizabeth 6. Child care provider to 4 other kiddos.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviesmama View Post

Hmmmm.....an infant seat fascination.....

Right........
    yeah, it sounds remarkably familiar to me too.

Wonder if she's gonna ask for pics of other people's kids in the Nautilus too!
    Bridget, mama to Abigail 04/15/04 30lb 38in (FF Princess Radian)
    Georgianna 08/22/07 ~27lb 31in (RF Shannon BLVD)
    Maple Kate's coming in October (Strawberry Coccoro)