Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Ad for BRU with TINY baby ff in boulevard....

UUUUUUGGG! Seriously he might not even be 9 months old.

Emily tech and mom to Jacob 16, Daniel 13, Benjamin 9, Elizabeth 6. Child care provider to 4 other kiddos.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member all together ooky's Avatar

Re: New Ad for BRU with TINY baby ff in boulevard....

Yup, I got that one. That was my first thought too. Bummer.
    At least now I have a $20 off coupon.
    ~Sonja~

Gwenllian: Born Feb. 7, 2004
    Eleanor: Born April 1, 2008
    Beatrice: Born Sept. 30, 2012

I plan on writing a letter to Toys R Us Inc about the 1 year old in a Nautilus on the ad I got the other day. Where is this ad you saw? I'd love to comment on that in my letter as well.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by NannyMom View Post
    I plan on writing a letter to Toys R Us Inc about the 1 year old in a Nautilus on the ad I got the other day. Where is this ad you saw? I'd love to comment on that in my letter as well.
    The Ad with the one year old in the Natulis is the small book. The Large book is the one with the ff child in the Blvd. Both ad's came out the same the and both start on Fri. When you write you can tell them about both.

Since I didn't get the big book, only 2 small ones, how do you know the baby was FF? Did it show him/her in a car?
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus

CPS Fanatic

Thanks to the young baby in the nautilus my daycare parent was wanting it for her daughter when she hits 1 year/20 pounds. I am sending her with carseat info on Tuesday when she comes!

anyone got a pic?
    Bridget, mama to Abigail 04/15/04 30lb 38in (FF Princess Radian)
    Georgianna 08/22/07 ~27lb 31in (RF Shannon BLVD)
    Maple Kate's coming in October (Strawberry Coccoro)

omg... I haven't seen them yet. I can't say I'm surprised, though. However, those of you who received it can do a lot... 1. Call Britax and call corporate BRU
    2. copy the pics or, if you can, get multiple copies of the ad and then staple them to a letter about your issues with the pic and MAIL to both that I mentioned above

3. scan/take a pic of the photo and EMAIL both of the above.

Meanwhile, I'll be on the lookout for when I get it.

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar

You can also send it to SafetyBeltSafe and have them work on it: http://www.carseat.org/Events_Media/89_MediaWatch.pdf .

Carseat Crazy

I saw a copy of the big book at the store. I remember seeing a child in the new Blvd. CS. I can't remember if you can tell if it's ff or rf. I didn't take notice to it. But the small book is surely a one year to 18 mt. little baby girl in a Graco Natulis. I thought that was crazy. I do work at BRU. Selling car seat's. Great telling people their child is to young for a booster and the Ad has a one year old in a booster seat. Isn't that just great!

This may be a long shot, but if you can find out what marketing firm does the advertising for BRUs, you could contact them as well. Dunno if it would work, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Quote Originally Posted by murphydog77 View Post
    You can also send it to SafetyBeltSafe and have them work on it: http://www.carseat.org/Events_Media/89_MediaWatch.pdf .
    That is a great idea!

Since I didn't get the big book, only 2 small ones, how do you know the baby was FF? Did it show him/her in a car?
    You can tell he is forward. He is in a van or SUV and the back is open and the "mom" is getting stuff out. He is so small that if he were rear-facing he would have so much room that his feet wouldn't even be close to hitting the seat of the car!

Emily tech and mom to Jacob 16, Daniel 13, Benjamin 9, Elizabeth 6. Child care provider to 4 other kiddos.

It also kind of bothered me that the ad for that BLVD, when you turn the page, is located just above a small announcement that BRU has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide.
    I thought it might be misleading to some parents.

(And the other time the Safe Kids partnership is mentioned - is directly under a "mega mirror" for the car.)

Looking at the picture closer his foot is a cm below the slit for the adjuster, just to give you an idea of how small this baby is.

I contacted the phone number on the back of the ad. SHe said to write to TRU Corp at the address on the back of the ad. Or I could go to ToysRUsinc.com and send an email.

Here's the ad I have, with a 1 year old in the GN.
    Attachment 2680
    Last edited by NannyMom; 11-01-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by murphydog77 View Post
    Oh, that's great! I will deffinetly send them a copy.

Maybe I should tell them about the Barney movie too. Baby (under 1 yr?) FF in an integraded seat w/ T shield, 3 children w/o boosters- 1 in lap only belt, 1 with strap off his shoulder. Maybe it's just me, but kids shows should be more aware.

Moderator - CPST Instructor snowbird25ca's Avatar

Maybe I should tell them about the Barney movie too. Baby (under 1 yr?) FF in an integraded seat w/ T shield, 3 children w/o boosters- 1 in lap only belt, 1 with strap off his shoulder. Maybe it's just me, but kids shows should be more aware.
    Yes they should be more aware, but how old is the Barney movie? I know the videos themselves have been around for 10yrs or so, and a lot has changed in 10yrs... Back then the max rf'ing weight limit was 20lbs, and boosters were uncommon. Depending on when the movie was made, and if it was also made from pieced segments from shows, it's possible that that's what was normal at the time.

It's also worth saying that just awareness about portrayal of seat use has come a long way. There's an episode of Scrubs with a new baby - there are 3 separate front shots of the baby in the carseat. You can tell that they weren't filmed at the same time, because in some the harness is adjusted properly and some they aren't. So while it's not perfect use, it shows that awareness is very much increasing since it wasn't a sloppy buckle job every time. (Maybe I should add the baby is in the carrier in the hospital, not in a vehicle. )
    Trudy - Canadian CPSAC certified CRST Instructor-Trainer and mommy to:
    Janeen - 17 yrs and learning to drive!
    Jillian - 11 yrs, 80'ish lbs, 5-stepping in each car. :O
    Jonas - 8yrs, 65lbs, Riding in an Oobr in each car.
    Both safely riding in either a 2007 Outlook or a 2015 Subaru Legacy depending on the day.

It's Barney's Great Adventure - The Movie. Barney's first full length movie. It says copyright 2003. So, ok, it was 5 years ago.