Eddie Bauer Deluxe High Back Booster harnesses to 50 lbs!

Brycen'sMommy

I was looking on Dorel's website and noticed that the Eddie Bauer Deluxe High Back Booster (Summit) now harnesses to 50 lbs. I knew that they changed the AOE but not the Summit. I wonder if the top slots are taller now too like the AOE? They sell them at Target and BRU for $119. If the top slots are taller that would be another cheap HWH seat option.

ADS

loufrando

Hopefully the top slots are higher because aren't they something like 15-15.5 inches currently? That would be kind of pointless to have a 50 lb seat with that harness height.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, I HOPE the top headrest position is ok with the harness! That would be totally awesomely cool, dude... :D (though I find this thing a beast to install, people DO love them :cool:)

emandbri

(though I find this thing a beast to install, people DO love them :cool:)

I'm glad it isn't just me! I tried to get one in a chevy venture and I got it tighter but really didn't like how it installed. 2 year old was also almost too tall for the stupid thing. :thumbsdown:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm glad it isn't just me! I tried to get one in a chevy venture and I got it tighter but really didn't like how it installed. 2 year old was also almost too tall for the stupid thing. :thumbsdown:

I couldn't get it in a Camry with cloth seats...I mean...seriously? What can't be installed in THAT? LOL (Makes me SO mad at Consumer Reports giving it that excellent rating and ignoring all other combo seats... so what it has open belt guides if it's got a crummy harness and is hard to install? Silly CR!)

cpsaddict

What bugs me about the Summit is that the base CANNOT be removed and yet people always take it off. I see them ALL.THE.TIME on CL with no base. "Remove the base for easy installation". It also doesn't help that Dorel packaged the wrong instructions with a bunch of Summits and those just happened to be the 3 in 1 instructions.
If they really did make these improvements, it could be a nice, HWH option.

Dillipop

I couldn't get the one I tried in my Chevy Venture to work, either. It would look solid, not slip side to side, but as soon as I gentley tugged on the front, it would come flying at me a good 12 inches!

Plus, my 2 year old was almost out of it, too.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I was looking on Dorel's website and noticed that the Eddie Bauer Deluxe High Back Booster (Summit) now harnesses to 50 lbs. I knew that they changed the AOE but not the Summit. I wonder if the top slots are taller now too like the AOE? They sell them at Target and BRU for $119. If the top slots are taller that would be another cheap HWH seat option.

I saw this seat at Target yesterday, and the weight limit for the harness was definitely 40 lbs. And this Target has all the other new seats out (new MA patterns, etc) so I would assume that they had the most current version of the Eddie Bauer seat.

fyrfightermomma

I went to BRU on Tue. and tried the new 50 lb 3 in 1's. One was an Eddie Bauer one. Not sure if it's the same as the seat you are talking about. I can't for the life of me remember if it was a Summit or just an AO/AOE. There's so many clones. All the ones at BRU were 50 lb seats and the top slot was usuable. Very high harness height!

emandbri

All the ones at BRU were 50 lb seats and the top slot was usuable. Very high harness height!

wow, I misunderstood! I thought they were coming out with another seat that went to 50 lbs and had taller slots but it sounds like they are going to stop making the ones that go to 40! I"M SOOO excited about this! Benjamin had kids from his class over for his birthday and I of course had to peek in the cars and ALL THREE had AOs with the harness and I was wondering how many were too tall for the harness. People LOVE this seat it will be great toa acutally have it work and not have kids put in danger because of it! :whistle:

fyrfightermomma

wow, I misunderstood! I thought they were coming out with another seat that went to 50 lbs and had taller slots but it sounds like they are going to stop making the ones that go to 40! I"M SOOO excited about this! Benjamin had kids from his class over for his birthday and I of course had to peek in the cars and ALL THREE had AOs with the harness and I was wondering how many were too tall for the harness. People LOVE this seat it will be great toa acutally have it work and not have kids put in danger because of it! :whistle:

There were a couple 40's left, but on the shelf. The ones on display were the new ones. As far as I could tell (no manual in sight) the top slot was usable. There was no warning on the back and I had heard several times on here it was usable.

It should really get rid of the most common misuse of this seat!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC