Nasty red marks...

Mom2three

I have been noticing red marks on DD's legs (thigh area) where the straps of her BLVD come across. They look like pinch marks and last night when putitng her to bed I saw that there are bruises there now. I have the harness adjusted snugly...but not overly tight. When I put her the harness fits nicely and where it should. But when she moves her legs the harness becomes too tight over her thighs. Is there anything I can do to help prevent this? She won't leave her legs in one position...she likes them crossed, up the seat back, or kind draped over the side. And when we ride for long periods of time she will complain, saying, "owie" and pointing to where the harness is digging into her.

ADS

Sceason1972

Do you use the belly pad? I find for my dd, if she's not in long pants the belly pad makes the entire leg part more comfortable.

Mom2three

I do use it...I am not sure what else to do though. Fortunately it is cooling off quickly here and hopefully long pants will solve the problem for now. I just wonder if anyone else has had this issue and found any solutions.

finleysmommy

Hmmm I'm sorry I haven't had that issue! Would it work (not sure if this is safe, maybe a tech could chime in) to put a thin wash cloth over her leg for car rides? Otherwise maybe get an oversized pair of sweatpants to throw on over her shorts for car rides??

Sorry about her poor little legs!

Mom2three

I just had an idea while looking through other pics of children in BLVDs. How about moving her seat back into the center seating position with more of a recline? She prefers upright...but maybe more of a recline would give her more open space for legroom. Is this even something to consider? We have her putboard behind a passenger to allow for my DSD and niece to fit comfortably in a HBB and a NBB on either side...but maybe we can make something else work.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
You are tightening the harness too much. Really...just make sure it's snug like a bra band on her shoulders, and the rest should be looser (it should always be fairly loose over the torso, it's how Britax harness geometry works). You should not be pulling it so tight it's bruising her :( (a little bit of red marks is fine, my kids necks are always red where the harness rubs if I don't pull their shirts up properly to protect them)

:)

Mom2three

If I loosen the harness anymore she can wiggle her shoulders out. When I put her in it fits fine...but when she readjusts to certain positions it gets too tight. Almost like it is pulling up through the buckle tongs. I took the hugs off so that I could make sure the harness was properly adjusted. Should I put them back on? Could that be a contributor?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC