Hmmm.... now I've got a Titan, too.

Splash

My wife scares me. She BOUGHT a car seat. One we didn't need, didn't want, anything. But she said it has been annoying her, sitting on the end cap for 3 weeks, and she just wanted to know how much it was. It wouldn't register at any of the price checkers, so she took it up front. The girl said it was no longer in the system but the last mark down was $19 and she could have it for that. So she bought it. She's becoming... me!

She told me just to give it away, which is probably what I'll do. But I tried it out. Charlie still fits in it, with about the same amount of growth as a MA (maybe a smidge less, but not much). It is well padded, relatively easy to use, the harness adjuster has gotten a MAJOR upgrade. It's very lightweight, with a handle for carrying it. One thing a I HATE is that it has that VERY pronounced notch in it, the one like the Tourivas had. It is not covered by the EPS foam (why???), and is very disconcerting. I'm not sure I would ever use the seat based solely on that. I don't know... it's REALLY large, and right at a kid's temple.

I LOVED my old Titans. The old ones. I had a RA also at that time, and WAY preferred the Titan. Charlie liked this one, and I might let him use it as a spare, but that notch is just bugging me. But for nineteen bucks, she wasn't willing to let it continue to sit there.

I'm actually shocked at how much growing room he has. He outgrew the old ones well over a year ago. But this has much higher top slots, with a 50 pound weight limit, so all in all not a bad seat in the least. Great for travel, thanks to that light weight.

Sooo.... now I have two BVs, two Regents, a MC Priori, a GN, an SS1, and a Titan. I just sold the Radian a few weeks ago, thankfully... I think I'm over stocked.

ADS

NannyMom

I wish I could find one for $19! I'm in the market for an extra seat. I have 2 Titans (1 in grandpa's car, 1 was in my car, now waiting for installation in Dad's). I really like it. I do think DD has more growing room in her new MA, but I'd have to double check. I did notice that little notch when I took it apart to was the cover last week. It upset me a bit too. But I think mine was covered with foam....again, I'll have to double check. I have the touriva (waiting for destruction) and it's notch is much bigger, and not covered by foam (Is there any foam on that seat?).

monzogary

Senior Community Member
Wow, a Titan, and Charlie still fits? When I measured the Titan elite at BRU this spring, the top harness slot was about 14":

2422945331_6ed1fcb948.jpg

Would you mind measuring the slots to see if yours is different? Maybe the Titan is one of those mysterious changing harness height seats; it wouldn't be the first time a seat has been like that!

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I just measured a brand new one w/ the 50 lb limit at 14 inches.

I got 16 for an Uptown a few minutes later.

Splash

Sure, I'll measure it when I find my little measuring tape. I will tell you that the only other convertibles he fits in are the big Britaxes, Radian, EFTA, MC Priori, True Fit, NEW AO and this. That's I've tried. I assume he'll still fit in the Recaros and the Avenue. He does not fit in the Scenera, old AO, CS, RA, or the old Titan. His fit in this is about equal to his BV, but I haven't actually installed the Titan. I don't like the seat, but we let him play with it yesterday. He, of course, loves anything with a cup holder.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC