TrueFit Pictures! & a couple of Q's!

Mommy2Marcus

I got my TrueFit today! I totally LOVE it! It is such a great seat! It has rained all day so I have not gotten to install it yet though, pooey! I will share those & my thoughts as soon as it is done. However I am in LOVE otherwise! Here are a coupld of picture of my little guy in it!

002-9.jpg

003-8.jpg

004-7.jpg

I also LOVE that the LATCH connectors are like Britax's! Those are the best ever. However it really doesn't matter as I do not have LATCH in any of the cars I will be putting it in. I bought it over another EFTA b/c it has the built in lock-offs! Also just b/c it is cute here is a picture of my sons puppy (lovey) in it! Do you think he fits??

001-8.jpg

Also I was wondering if anyone knows if you can only use the 1st two harness slots for RF. I was thinking that someone here said that they were told it was okay to use the 3rd. Also does the padding have to be removed after 22lbs? I am not planning to use it just wanted to make sure!

ADS

sunnymw

Haha, no, the straps are above his shoulders and the chest clip is too low, LOL

LOVE that seat!

featherhead

Newer seats have the sticker on the side that says 1, 2, and 3 are for rear-facing, and 2, 3, and 4 are for forward-facing. And I'm pretty sure padding needs to be removed at 22 lbs.

jess71903

Ambassador
I hope you don't mind if I just tag on to your thread instead of starting another! I just got mine yesterday!! I have noticed some weird things too...first, mine is a 1/2008 DOM, which I was a little upset about, but I got it on sale, so that's probably why. Mine has the sticker just like yours with the 1&2 RF positions. Does yours have 2 or 3 crotch strap positions? I have heard that some have 2 and some have 3 and the DOM doesn't seem to be the deciding factor!

I think the manual says you can use the infant padding up to 22lbs.

I had issues with a seatbelt install. I ended up putting mine outboard with LATCH but have read some possible fixes for my issues (long belt stalk, can't get lock-off closed with lap and shoulder portions of belt through the lock-off)

Here is my 1 year old (birthday is Thurs!) in his new seat!
DSC00079.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

CaseyRN

Does it come with the harness pads? I see that the OP didnt have any, but PP does. I really like how roomy and comfy the seat looks.

Mommy2Marcus

Does it come with the harness pads? I see that the OP didnt have any, but PP does. I really like how roomy and comfy the seat looks.

Yes it comes with them. I had just taken them off along with all of the other padding that goes with it so I could see how it fit him without them! They are velcro on & off. It is VERY roomy & VERY comfy looking. I think this seat will deffinatly last us a long time.

As for the infant padding, I think if I am reading my manual right that you have to remove the infant padding after they move from the 1st slot, then WHY does it have a place for it to go up 3 harness positions. However I do not plan to remove it anyhow, but this is going to be VERY confusing to other parents.

Mommy2Marcus

I hope you don't mind if I just tag on to your thread instead of starting another! I just got mine yesterday!! I have noticed some weird things too...first, mine is a 1/2008 DOM, which I was a little upset about, but I got it on sale, so that's probably why. Mine has the sticker just like yours with the 1&2 RF positions. Does yours have 2 or 3 crotch strap positions? I have heard that some have 2 and some have 3 and the DOM doesn't seem to be the deciding factor!

I think the manual says you can use the infant padding up to 22lbs.

I had issues with a seatbelt install. I ended up putting mine outboard with LATCH but have read some possible fixes for my issues (long belt stalk, can't get lock-off closed with lap and shoulder portions of belt through the lock-off)

Here is my 1 year old (birthday is Thurs!) in his new seat!
DSC00079.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

I do not mind you tagging onto mine at all. However I think that he really should not need the extra headrest. I am also thinking it might need to be removed as well after 22lbs or the 1st slot or whatever they are saying. I also do not think he really needs it. It looks to me like it would just push his head forward when he falls asleep.

Mine also has 3 crotch postions. While I am close to needing the 3rd, I am still fine in the 2nd. My manual also says though that the 1st & 2nd are to be used for children under 50lbs & the 3rd for over 50lbs. I am not upset about the 1-08 DOM myself as it has a 7 year life span! WOOT! Hope you enjoy your seat & get your install problems fixed!

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
As for the infant padding, I think if I am reading my manual right that you have to remove the infant padding after they move from the 1st slot, then WHY does it have a place for it to go up 3 harness positions. However I do not plan to remove it anyhow, but this is going to be VERY confusing to other parents.

Don't have the seat or the manual w/ me right now. But does the manual say to use the padding when in the 1st slot but not saying anything about removing after 1st slot. Two different things, kwim?

snowbird25ca

What the manual says about the insert is:

• MUST be used until shoulders are even or above position 1 without the insert in
  • MUST be removed at 22lbs

What this translates to, is that a child who is under 22lbs, and over the bottom slot without the padding, can either use or not use the padding, regardless of what harness height is being used - it's a parental decision within that range.

As for the head support, there's no weight limit on it. Although I don't see it being useful with an older child.

Mommy2Marcus

Don't have the seat or the manual w/ me right now. But does the manual say to use the padding when in the 1st slot but not saying anything about removing after 1st slot. Two different things, kwim?

Very good point. Maybe I misread what it was saying. I also did not see where it said anything about it being able to be used untill 22lbs either though, only about it & the 1st slot. So off to re-read my manual!

lemurmommies

Does yours have 2 or 3 crotch strap positions? I have heard that some have 2 and some have 3 and the DOM doesn't seem to be the deciding factor!

Trudy, does your TF have two crotch positions or three? If my memory serves me correctly, all of the Canadian seats only have two buckle positions. I seem to remember on another thread that there were people in the US who had three-position buckles (like jess71903) and some that only had two. Anyone know more about that?

jess71903

Ambassador

• MUST be used until shoulders are even or above position 1 without the insert in

What this translates to, is that a child who is under 22lbs, and over the bottom slot without the padding, can either use or not use the padding, regardless of what harness height is being used - it's a parental decision within that range.

As for the head support, there's no weight limit on it. Although I don't see it being useful with an older child.

This is how I understood it as well. I'll take the head part out. I know I *can* use it per the manual, and I was thinking it would give him something to lean against, but it probably will just push his head forward.

supermommyof2

I had a Cndn TF and it only had 2 crotch strap positions. I was a little surprised since the difference between them was pretty big.

snowbird25ca

Trudy, does your TF have two crotch positions or three? If my memory serves me correctly, all of the Canadian seats only have two buckle positions. I seem to remember on another thread that there were people in the US who had three-position buckles (like jess71903) and some that only had two. Anyone know more about that?

Mine has 2 and I believe you're correct that all CDN models have 2. I'm not sure at what point the US models switched to 3, but they didn't always have 3. I know the March update of the manual shows position 3 allowed for rf'ing, but still talks of 2 crotch buckle positions. So I'm not sure when the change happened on US seats.

For those of you with the 3 position crotch buckle, can you clarify if it states that you cannot use the outer position with kids less than 50lbs, or is it like the 2 position one where it simply states the outer position must be used with kids 50lbs and over? The wording of must be used with kids 50lbs and over means that you can use either one up until 50lbs, but once kiddo reaches 50lbs you have to use the outer one. I'm wondering if it's the same wording with the 3 position crotch buckle seats. :)

Mommy2Marcus

Trudy, Mine has 3, but it states like you were saying that the 3rd is only for children over 50lbs. However I am thinking that my son is soon going to be needing the 3rd as the 2nd just barely works not being under him. Does that make since? So mine has 3, but states in the manual that the 3rd can only be used after the child is 50lbs!

snowbird25ca

Trudy, Mine has 3, but it states like you were saying that the 3rd is only for children over 50lbs. However I am thinking that my son is soon going to be needing the 3rd as the 2nd just barely works not being under him. Does that make since? So mine has 3, but states in the manual that the 3rd can only be used after the child is 50lbs!

Hmm, interesting. I wonder exactly what the difference is between the 2 position and 3 position ones that it's stating that you can't use the outer position with the 3 position one unless the child is 50lbs. Maybe it's further out than the outer position in the 2 position ones?

Feel like measuring each adjustment position so we can see what the depth is and compare? :cool:

hipmaman

Yeah, the other thread said the closest to the body (position 1 - where my fingers are) and middle (position 2 - where the strap is current at) are the same in both seats. The furthest to the body (position 3 - where the end of the black buckle is) is the new one. They are about 1" apart.

187_8713.JPG

The version with 2 positions would not move further forward and ends at the position in the pictures. W hereas the version with the 3 positions would have the furthest setting with the strap movable to the front to where the end of the black buckle is

AlisonR80

What page in the manual does it say this? I cannot find that in my manual. On page 40 in mine it says "the height insert is needed until the the child's shoulder is at or above position 1" and yes, it says "the" twice, there is a typo in my manual. It does not say anything about when to remove it.
Also worth nothing, my manual has a sticker placed over the crotch buckle info on pg 40, so i'm guessing it's covering up info about a 2 position buckle since mine has 3 (1-08 DOM)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC