Clek Oobr!

jubgulia

Did you guys see this?!

http://www.babychic101.com/

clek_oobr%5B1%5D.jpg

Clek Booster Seats will be unveiling its newest product, the Oobr, later this year. Oobr is the only full-back booster seat that features the exclusive Elemental Safety System(tm), a combination of five key safety technology that work together to protect children. The rigid LATCH system keeps the seat in place, while the magnesium seat frame and steel headrest structure help stabilize the booster seat and manage crash forces.

Energy absorbing foam in both the head restraint and side bolsters provides added side impact protection, and the belt guides better position the seat belt on the child's shoulders and hips. Oobr is the only booster seat to feature Crypton Super Fabric seat covers that are stain, water and bacteria resistant. Special edition oobr boosters seats featuring Julius the Monkey and other designs by Paul Frank. Oobr converts to a backless booster seat to appeal to growing children.

Last edited:
ADS

featherhead

Sounds pretty snazzy. Too bad my dd won't need a booster for many many years.

eta: I don't think the cover is snazzy, just the design. The cover is pretty ugly.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
God, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who finds this thing ugly. Seriously, it's hideous.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I can't imagine the actual product will look like that! That prototype reminds me of my GM Loveseat from the 70s!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I can't imagine the actual product will look like that! That prototype reminds me of my GM Loveseat from the 70s!

Hahahaha! And it's not my idea of drop dead gorgeous, but I can actually imagine it in a very high end car with a tan interior...it just screams 'mercedes!' to me :love:

The Cleks I have are so incredibly adorable, I know this one will be, too :)

scatterbunny

I actually like it. :D It's a bit boxy, but I think it will be roomy and comfortable for big kids. And, the cover reminds me of a Britax cover (Brownstone?). Love the tall armrests, deep wings and shoulderbelt guides (like how they are open enough to allow free sliding of the belt, but closed enough that the belt won't fall out of the guide when unbuckled).

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
And I think it's also worth pointing out that Clek has it's roots in vehicle seating engineering, so I'm 100% confident that any cover on the Oobr won't self destruct quite as quickly as some of the others we've been seeing lately. ;)

I really like how deep the shell is, and the interior is very spacious for a growing kid. While we all love cute covers, at the end of the day I'd rather have a comfortable and highly functional booster with a cover that is going to last it's lifespan, than pretty fabric. Although that monkey print definitely gives hope... Pure gray wouldn't be so bad either since it would mesh with a vehicle interior and kids may feel less self conscious about that. (Don't hate me for suggesting gray. :eek: )

Personally, I don't really care what a seat looks like, as long as it fits my kids and my car well and is safe. Funky covers are a nice bonus, but I've never chosen my seats based on the looks.

That said, it's the white shell that stands out as not particularly attractive. The beige cover reminds me of one of the Britax colours, and it would match my mom's car interior well. I'd prefer a black shell, but I'm sure not going to let that stop me if the Oobr is a great seat.

I'm eagerly awaiting a release date here in Canada!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I don't like it, but we have a few years, lol. Ilana likes it though, she saw it and yelled 'carseat, carseat'. She's mommy's little tech in training, I LOVE it!

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Hmmmm, not loving it either. The white plus tan does look very 70's or something. While I don't pick seats based on looks alone if there are 2 seats that function well and one is cute and one is, well, not so cute, I'm going to go for the cute. Hopefully the special edition fabrics will spice things up a bit!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't like it, but we have a few years, lol. Ilana likes it though, she saw it and yelled 'carseat, carseat'. She's mommy's little tech in training, I LOVE it!

Leah saw it on that page and the carseat got her just slightly more excited than Suri Cruise's pink dress :love:

Jacks

Can't wait to hear what people think IRL. Anyone know how tall the belt guides go in comparison to other boosters?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Leah saw it on that page and the carseat got her just slightly more excited than Suri Cruise's pink dress :love:

I have a feeling Ilana and Leah could be good friends. ;) Things that get her excited, babies, carseats, clothes, and not so much anymore, but shoes. She's quite the girly girl much to my happiness!

bubbaray

Why is the seat ugly? Cover, maybe -- but the seat? The seat is no more ugly than any other booster with SIP.

I'm not a fan of beige in general and definitely not for things car-related, BUT, Clek has a rockin' selection of covers for their other seats. I'd expect they will come out with something far more exciting that beige. None of their other seats are white, so I doubt they'd make a white plastic shell either.

Isn't this just a prototype?

Heather98012

I actually kinda like it. It seems very Scandanavian to me; clean, minimal styling.

And I have always :love: Julius the Monkey!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC