Which booster for a back up

Milkie&Cookie

So, I'm thinking of buying a booster for DS to use on playdates/field trips and for his friends to use when I drive them some place. I haven't done any research on boosters, because I want him to be harnessed for as long as possible. So, just based on a bit of reading here, I've seen
  • Parkway
  • Monarch
  • Compass
  • Monteray

DS is a peanut and I would never use this as his main seat. I just know that I couldn't lug in his regent for a play date and expect another mom/nanny to install it properly. So for these rare occurances, what do you wise ones suggest? I was intrigued by the Compass because it would store small and if I ever flew with just me and the kids to my mom's, I could take it with for a seat in her car (otherwise I'd have to buy a seat and have it shipped there) However, with money as tight as it is, I doubt I would ever be able to fly.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Piper is the same size and age as your son. I had her in the Compass in the store yesterday and it was SO wide around her. She could probably fit two of her bums on the seat. She uses the Parkway as a backup and I really like it. It hugs her quite well. The lack of armrests means that it can't be messed up, too.

It's been discontinued, but if you can find one they're a good price. I think the Recaro Young Style has been discontinued as well, but it's another good seat for tiny bums.

Wendy

TerisBoys

Parkway is fairly fool-proof because it doesn't have arms. It also surrounds peanuts very nicely.

Another to consider would be the Vivo. It too works nice for small kids.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC