Why do you ask...

rachellynn

... if your just gonna do what you wants anyways?

Here's the scoop, friend of mine has a 22-24 pound 8 month old. From day one she's said she will turn her forward facing at 1.

I've directed her here and her peditrician said it was fine (he's a different story, told me I was feeding my 10 month old table food for my enjoyment and that breastfeeding and formula feeding are no different). So thats a lost cause.

Her daughter outgrew the infant bucket and I did convince her to rear face in the scenera only cause it was cheap, her husband continues to use the bucket. Today she goes to cosco and buys 2 forward facing only seats that turn into boosters cause they are on sale and "so nice"

Then she has the nerve to ask me if I think its okay to turn her ff now?

Really, you value my opinion?

Once again I told her the law, then the benefits of ERF, then directed her here or to my pediatrician. Then she calls to tell me how wonderful the seat is and that her daughter loves it.

Oh and they both use latch in the center position when their vechicle manual says not to. I give up!

Okay I'm done. Vent over.

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
You can lead a horse to water ... but you can't make it drink :twocents: This topic was the subject of my first blog here (the little 4 in the upper right corner of my posts) -- it's so disappointing :shrug-shoulders:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
With her dd being 8mos old not only is she breaking her state law, she's also using the seat against manufacturer's directions.

Forget all the erf'ing info, I'd really try to get her to at least 1yr old - the law is easy to prove on this one and the 1yr requirement will be in the warning section. There's also a 34" height minimum to use the seat ff'ing.

Some people respond better to the fear of the manufacturer having zero liability due to the seat being used against directions than they do anything else. If this is the case with her, I wouldn't be against using it to get the baby to at least her 1st b-day.

While I would love to see every parent erf their kid, at least getting to the bare minimum is the most important. And right now her dd isn't there. You could also have her call Cosco/Dorel and have her ask if she could use the seat with her 8mo old - we know that they're going to say no to that...

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Urgh, my laptop sent before I was finished typing (twice) & I failed to notice.... I meant to also say before that at this point, when someone breaks the law, just call the police when you see the child in the moving vehicle (preferably anonymous is possible)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC