9 yr expiration on Frontier makes me wonder...

seamonkeys

Why don't they extend the expiration date on their other seats? This seat is made of the same material as the Regent, right? So I'm a little curious how they justify having the limit of 9 yrs on the Frontier, but not the Regent (and all other Britax seats) still have only 6 yrs.

Any techs have insight on this? I've just been thinking about this lately and thought I'd see if anybody has a logical answer.

ADS

Mama!

I thought the harness straps had a 6 yr limit, and only the backless booster part was 9 yrs. Am I wrong? The whole seat, straps and all , is 9 yrs? :confused:

seamonkeys

I thought the harness straps had a 6 yr limit, and only the backless booster part was 9 yrs. Am I wrong? The whole seat, straps and all , is 9 yrs? :confused:

You may be right, as I haven't looked up the details lately. But does that really matter since the boosters have always had a 6 yr exp too?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
That's the Nautilus (6 with the back, 9 Backless) the FR is a full 9 years for the whole thing :thumbsup:
I sort of hope/suspect that it's a phase in thing...it's also the first seat with a 40 pound LATCH limit... but like the Diplomat came out with a 35 pound RF limit first, and the others followed, it may well be something that comes to all seats...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
That's why I bought one for my 2 yo... figure it'll harness her till 8 and booster her till 11 (my 11 yo is still boostered, I don't think she'll be much taller than he is!)

:)

seamonkeys

That's the Nautilus (6 with the back, 9 Backless) the FR is a full 9 years for the whole thing :thumbsup:
I sort of hope/suspect that it's a phase in thing...it's also the first seat with a 40 pound LATCH limit... but like the Diplomat came out with a 35 pound RF limit first, and the others followed, it may well be something that comes to all seats...

Thanks for the clarification!

It would definitely be nice to get a few more years out of say, a MA, especially for those passing down to younger siblings. Of course can't help but think about that video of the 10 yr-old seat! Maybe they've gotten better since then, or maybe that's why they opted for 9 yrs, not 10! :rolleyes:

Mommy2Five

How did I miss that the Frontier has a 9 year expiry date? That makes it a MUCH better deal than I thought... (moseying back over to admire the pink one in swap again..)

mimieliza

Ooh, I hadn't realized this! I think this will definitely be our next seat when M is ready to go FFing and we have a new baby to hand the Boulevard down to (new baby is still hypothetical at this point, though). :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC