Can I use a snugride(20 pound limit) with a snugride(22 pound limit)?

I have a snugride base(blue) that goes to 20 pounds. My lil' daycare girl is brought in a snugride seat(with a 22 pound limit).

Can I use the base until she hits 20 pounds?
Up until know I have been just belting the seat in without a base and it is driving me crazy.

ADS

mish

I hope someone else chimes in, because I might be wrong, but I think you can. I would just call Graco. Is the blue snugride base expired? I know that you know about expiration dates, I just wanted you to check to make sure. I have a 20 pound snugride and it expires in Dec.

Please don't take my word that you can.

ETA: I called Graco and they said yes you can, but you have to stick with the limits of the base. If your child weighs 19 pounds, use the base. Once they hit 20, stop using the base. So basically, use the base until the child weighs 20 pounds then use it without. Most babies won't make it to 22 pounds though, so I think you will be safe. I just saw that your DCK weighs 13 pounds, so you are good to go.

crunchierthanthou

I called Graco and they said yes you can, but you have to stick with the limits of the base. If your child weighs 19 pounds, use the base. Once they hit 20, stop using the base. So basically, use the base until the child weighs 20 pounds then use it without. Most babies won't make it to 22 pounds though, so I think you will be safe. I just saw that your DCK weighs 13 pounds, so you are good to go.

:yeahthat: you can use it, but only to 20 lbs.

Thanks for calling, Mish. That's what they were telling people at the time that the 22 lb seats came out. I've been advising parents that way, but throwing in there that they should probably call Graco to confirm that it hasn't changed. I'm glad to know I haven't been giving outdated info. :)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! For calling. Yes, this base you can only use to 20 pounds and it expires in 2009. (It was my younger son's).

I will use it until then... in the meantime though I am trying to get my friend/neighbor to sell me her safeseat so I don't have to use the babies snugride anymore. I need a safeseat so I can have a bucket seat that will last me through the winter.

THANK YOU THANK YOU ! Again. Baby is only 13 pounds, so she has awhile.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC