radian 80 question about infant padding?

Shaunam

Is there any time you *have* to take the extra padding out? Like at a certain weight or when they go ffing?

Also can anyone show me pics of what their 1+ kids look like with the padding in?

I'm struggling to keep DD straight in her car seat, even though it's reclined 45 degrees. I roll blankets to put beside her but by the time I get her out, her left shoulder is way down there, below the harness slot. :eek: Anyway, the padding looks like it would give her support in all the right places but I don't know if we could use it, or even if I could wedge her between the pillows.

Thanks!

ADS

Ahzryn

Just curious, but have you tried the EFTA? I am wondering if the padding in it and the bowl shape might help.

No idea on the Radian 80 padding, sorry :(

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
If you'd be willing to wait I can try DD with it - she's obviously bigger than a 1 year old but she's skinny and the majority of her height is in her legs. She's still way below the 2nd to bottom slot in the MA and the 3rd slots (the highest slanted slots) in the Radian. I have my infant padding sitting in my living room, but I can shove them in there tomorrow afternoon after I get home from work.

Ahzryn

Blah :(

Ok, it looks like on page 30 of the 80 manual there is a warning to not use the body support for children over 30 pounds. But, give the special circumstances, it might be worth a call to SKJP to see if they can give a why.

Here's a link to the 80 manual to save you some time: http://www.skjp.com/media/Radian80-manual.pdf

You know, they say not to use it over 30 pounds, then they talk about using the body support as a toddler head pillow, so....could use some clarification. If she's slumping though, I'd think you'd need the body support more than the head.

She's in the Diplomat now, right? Are you using the body pillow folded in that and she's still slumping? I don't think it has a weight limit, just says something like "until they can sit"...

Shaunam

If you'd be willing to wait I can try DD with it - she's obviously bigger than a 1 year old but she's skinny and the majority of her height is in her legs. She's still way below the 2nd to bottom slot in the MA and the 3rd slots (the highest slanted slots) in the Radian. I have my infant padding sitting in my living room, but I can shove them in there tomorrow afternoon after I get home from work.

Thanks! This isn't something I'll be buying right now, so I have no problem waiting. :D

Shaunam

Blah :(

Ok, it looks like on page 30 of the 80 manual there is a warning to not use the body support for children over 30 pounds. But, give the special circumstances, it might be worth a call to SKJP to see if they can give a why.

Here's a link to the 80 manual to save you some time: http://www.skjp.com/media/Radian80-manual.pdf

You know, they say not to use it over 30 pounds, then they talk about using the body support as a toddler head pillow, so....could use some clarification. If she's slumping though, I'd think you'd need the body support more than the head.

She's in the Diplomat now, right? Are you using the body pillow folded in that and she's still slumping? I don't think it has a weight limit, just says something like "until they can sit"...

The pillow in that didn't do anything. It doesn't have lateral support, which is what she really needs. The radian pillows are more supportive on the sides. I will call skjp tomorrow and see what they say.

It will be quite a while until DD hits 30 lbs though. She's 21.5 now and we are trying to get her slimmed down, so we restrict her calories (not that she needs much anyway). She'll likely be 3 or 4 before she gets there (DS was 3 when he hit 30 lbs and not on restricted calories). Maybe by then she'll have more torso control.

bobbysgirl7103

Here is my DD in her brothers Radian80. I just moved him to the Regent so this was sitting in the closet. She is almost 15 months, 20.9 lbs, 29 inches tall. I just have it set up in the bedroom, but I put in the padding and her to get you some pictures. She is on the third slot and the crotch buckle is to far forward. I forgot to adjust that when I changed everything else. The padding seems supportive and cushy. :) It almost makes me want to put it in the car instead of the MA for awhile just to change things up.

radian5.jpg
radian6.jpg
radian7.jpg

Shaunam

Thanks for the pics! Your DD has about the same stats as mine, but DD is WAY fatter! She's on her way to slimming down though and most of her fat is in her thighs. I hope she actually fits between the pillows. LOL I called skjp and they transferred me to Russ, who wasn't there. :rolleyes: So I'll try again tomorrow.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC