May, 2006 Announcements

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
In an effort to reduce some of the slowness and pauses that the forums have experienced recently, our provider has agreed to move us to a different server. When this is done, the forums may not be reachable until the new information propagates around the internet. This could vary anywhere from an hour to a day or more, depending on your own service provider and how quickly they update. I hope to do this on an evening or weekend when the board is slower and I will try to give another warning before it happens. Apologies in advance for any downtime, but hopefully this will allow the software to run better in the future and avoid another provider switch.

Also, I would like to welcome Monika as our newest forum moderator. She has been a CL at the ParentsPlace/iVillage Carseat Forums for many, many years. She is also a certified technician and has a great deal of experience in all areas of child passenger safety. Welcome, Monika!

Finally, I would like to thank our other moderators, especially Ulrike (UlrikeDG), Julie (joolsplus2) and Heather (murphydog77). They do an outstanding job of answering questions, keeping the boards going and attending to spam messages.

Thank you all again for visiting, lurkers and regulars alike! Our bandwidth and post volume has increased significantly in the past few months. We appreciate all the technicians and advocates who help answer questions as well as all the parents and caregivers who come here for advice.

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
If all goes well, the switchover will be late this Friday or Saturday night. The Forums will be down completely at least overnight. After that, they will running as soon as the switch is completed, but some users may not be able to access the site until the new server information spreads to your internet service provider.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Admin said:
In an effort to reduce some of the slowness and pauses that the forums have experienced recently, our provider has agreed to move us to a different server. When this is done, the forums may not be reachable until the new information propagates around the internet. This could vary anywhere from an hour to a day or more, depending on your own service provider and how quickly they update. I hope to do this on an evening or weekend when the board is slower and I will try to give another warning before it happens. Apologies in advance for any downtime, but hopefully this will allow the software to run better in the future and avoid another provider switch.

It appears our update was completed this morning, though the forums were down most of the night. If you experience any issues with the forum software, such as pauses, downtime, etc, please post here with the time and details.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC