FFing at 3 months

xxluckychicxx

Ok on another board that I'm on we got into the discussion of when to move your baby into a convertible car seat and a girl on their wrote this (I removed the baby's name):

"I have the one carseat that is rear facing for newborns and then front facing, i recently put it front facing and j is 4 months old on 28/8. i was told by the ambulance man that installed it that aslong as she can support her head and has good neck muscles it was then to change it to front facing."

:eek:

I have sent her videos and information on RFing and she said that after watching the videos she would consider RFing again. Is there anything else I can tell/show her? I also threw in that it was illegal to FF before 1 year, but she insisted that the "ambulance man" told her it was ok, so he must be right. :rolleyes:

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I would urge her to take her car seat to a real CPST and have it checked. Besides the fact that she's obviously gotten terrible advice from the "ambulance man" (who clearly was not a CPST), who knows how well the seat is actually installed now.

what type of seat is it. maybe get the online manual and quote it. all convertible seats say 1yr 20 lb. it should even say it on the seat I think. or tell her he is an "ambulance man"...yes on a life threatening injury I'm taking his advice... but to take his advice on car seat is like taking your dentists advice on a broken leg. they don't know the facts.

miraclebabies

I can't believe that people think just cause their child has good head control that is ok to FF it at such a young age. There are many reason that the carseat says 1yr and 20lbs. I could not imagine turning my baby that early that is really scary.

kidrepair

Thanks for posting that story, we were just thinking about ff my almost 2 yr. old dd in my parents van just so it would be easier for them to put her in but after seeing that story, we are definitely going to keep her rf for much longer, I could never forgive myself if something like that happened to her just because of an inconvenience.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC