I love Compass True Fit

Citrine

I found a Compass True fit at my target in Summervill SC. This is the only seat they have that goes to 65lb harnessed :( I know it is targt not BBR's. Everything on it was to easy to adjust. From the harness height to losening and tightening the harness. I love how it has the removable head rest. And the teether anchors are brtiax kind! I found it to be like Britax but half the price at $189 compard to the two blouvard models at $309 and $329. I would have bought it but my husbad would not have liked that idea since we dont need one. I had my older daughter with me and straped her in. She is 4yr 38lb 42in tall. She would have another 6-7in left in growth and 2yr maybe 2.5yr left in this. My Aunt and Uncle are looking for a car seat for there Grandson who is 5mo old and he hates his infant seat. Its a Graco, every time he goes in, he screams like he is in pain. I am not sure of his weight, but thinking this seat has more room then an infant seat. I did take some picturs of my child in it but when i upload the pictures they are huge. I love this seat and if I could I would have bought it for my younger daughter! love it love it love it

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I love how it has the removable head rest.

Just want to clarify that the head rest is ONLY removable for rear-facing children under 22 lbs. Once they hit 22 lbs, the head rest must be used.

I haven't seen this seat in person yet but always look at the car seat aisle at "my" Target. Maybe they'll get it soon so I can play with it! :thumbsup:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I found it at my Target. I didn't feel it was as easy to loosen and tighten as a Britax.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I found it at my Target. I didn't feel it was as easy to loosen and tighten as a Britax.

You must be lucky on the Britax front, or else had an oddball TF then... The TF is definitely miles easier to loosen and tighten than my Britax and the other ones I've adjusted over time. :shrug-shoulders:

(Although my only comparison is the MA. If you're thinking of a seat with a different style adjuster I couldn't compare it - I've never seen a frontier installed, and we all know how easy the RA adjuster is. :thumbsup:)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
la la la la, I am not listening! I am just going to pretend that the TF I saw is like all of them, so I will continue to NOT want it!

jb5416

I just replaced my MA with a TF for my extremely tall (36 in) rf 18 month-old. He just fits in it so much better and seems much more comfortable. I was able to get a rock-solid install even though it doesn't tether rf--those lockoffs are awesome! This seat just seems to contain my son better, and I like that it doesn't have a high base. I'm not a tech, but as far as I'm concerned, this seat is right on-par with the MA and Blvd (I have had that one too).:thumbsup:
Jessie

solmama

Ditto. We love our Truefit. The lockoffs are great, very roomy, easy to adjust...just love this seat! I have yet to find anything I really dislike.

jb5416

I know! I even prefer the continuous harness--it makes it easier for me to put him in. I loosen one side, put his arm in and position on the shoulder, then grab the other strap and pull tight and put his other arm in. I know not everyone agrees with me on this, but it works like a charm for us!
Jessie

Citrine

The lock offs to me are what make any seat a better install. My Aunt is going to get this seat this week for her grandson. The harness I found was easy to adjust, or I got a lucky one in the store to play with. Sorry Bookmama for not knowing you need head rest at 22lbs. I did not read the manual so I was unaware. I was having to much fun playing with it to read the book! This seat is fully loaded! to me anyways

MoreLatte

The TF is Awesome! I have always been a Britax die-hard, but the TF really gives the MA stiff competition! My 4 1/2 yo has almost outgrown the MA but still has plenty of growing room in the TF! I have comparison pics if anyone is interested.

lemurmommies

I love my True Fit too!

Like jb5416, I find that it fits my very tall and heavy 20 month-old much better than our Marathon. And I agree that the straps are easier to tighten/loosen on the TF than the MA.

I do find that the MA is easier to install, because I have LATCH and I think the LATCH install is easier with the MA than the TF because you don't have to worry about lock-off when doing the lower anchors with the TF. But the TF still installs easily and rock solid.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC