Ulrike--how are you liking your Sansa?

groovymom2000

I ended up getting the e140 and I am addicted. Love, love, love my books when I am running--wish I had gotten one sooner. Even though there's no "bookmark" feature, I have been able to just make a note of the time when I stop and fast forward to where I need to go, so it works out ok. I got another case with arm band from Target and keep some tiny sticky notes in there so I can write down where I stop if I need to. The headphones are ok, but I am looking for some others, I think. Anyway, hope you are enjoying your walks more--I even ran on vacation( a BIG first for me).
BTW, where are you getting your books?

ADS

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
So far, my son has used it more than I have! LOL He absolutely loves it. I've been using it to listen to podcasts mostly. I do have an Audible.com account, and I've downloaded one book from there (it's a 17 hour long book!), which I was able to put on my Sansa and burn to CDs. My son LOVES audiobooks, so he's in heaven.

The 512 MB MP3 player is more than big enough for me. I accidentally downloaded one of the larger formats for that 17 hour story, and it still took up less than 1/4 of the memory. It doesn't have a bookmark feature, but it does remember where you were in the story. The big problem is, if you accidentally hit the skip forward/back button, you have to fast forward to the spot you were at, and that can go VERY slowly. The podcasts I was listening to weren't split into chapters, so if I accidentally skipped back to the beginning, it might take 10 minutes to get back to my spot. The audiobooks are split up into 5-10 minute long chapters, so it doesn't take nearly as long to find your spot with those.

Roman is kind of rough with it, and he's dropped it more times than I'd like. So far, it still works; although twice, I've had to reload the audio files due to an error. I think the errors were caused by dropping, but that does concern me.

I agree that the headphones it came with aren't the greatest. I'll probably replace them eventually, but they get the job done for now.

BTW, Audible.com has a give-away thing this month, and I get entered to win prizes every time someone uses me as a referral when starting a new account there, so if you're interested, send me a private message, and I'll give you the info.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC