Introducing ME!

mom2juliarose

I've been a registered member of this board for a while (as well as iVillage), but I've only started becoming more active and checking-in more often for the past month.

My name is Anne, I'm a WOHM (I'm a proofreader by day) and I have one child, a DD named Julia who will be 4 on 9/6.

I grew interested in car seats when I hated her Graco infant seat (we couldn't afford much, I got one with a rear adjuster) and she did, too. We were able to save up some giftcards and stuff and I got her a Britax Roundabout when she was 5 months old, and I loved it.

When she was 10 months old we were hit by a woman backing out of a parking spot who didn't look before backing up (I was behind her with my signal on, waiting for the car two spots to her left to pull out) on the passenger side door where DD was sitting. The door was badly damaged and it really scared me, seeing as how she was only driving 5-10mph and I was stopped.

After that I bought DD a Marathon, which she still uses today (just moved up to the top slots!) in my DH's car, a '97 Honda CR-V. In my car (currently a 2000 Subaru Outback wagon--going to be sold soon) she rides in a Britax Regent in Madison, which we bought in February after she outgrew the Cosco Scenera we had in DH's car.

I try to use my car seat knowledge whenever I can, and have helped educate friends, coworkers, and even DD's pediatrician. I am on the SafeKids mailing list, but most things around here happen on weekdays when I'm unavailable. I'm so excited that I'll be volunteering at my first seat check event next month, because they're holding it on a Saturday!

OK, so that's me. Sorry this was long. I'm looking forward to learning so much here... and I've already seen some names/faces here I remember from IV years ago, so I wanted to say hi!

(and can someone tell me how to make a signature? Thanks!)

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

Hiya & Welcome to the board! I hope that you learn lots & are lots of help! I also hope you enjoy your 1st seat check! Make sure to let us know how it goes!

Thanks for introducing yourself!

kate4478

welcome! :happy-wavehello: i use to hang out there, but i've grown fond of car-seat.org and mostly hang out over here! :eek:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hi, I thought your screen name seemed familiar, and now I know why because I used to be more active over on iVillage, too. Welcome. :D

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
HI! Welcome! (I feel silly saying that since you have been a member for so long) :)

To make a signature:
  • Look at the top of the screen
  • On the left, there should be a "User CP" link/button
  • Click on "User CP"
  • Click on "Edit Signature" (on left)
  • Make your siggy! :) (You may add pictures, use colors, use different fonts, etc.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC