New evenflo seat available sept 2008

ADS

Mommy2Marcus

Hmmm...I am not sure. I have not heard anything about it. However if you know more please spill the beans as I would LOVE to hear more about it!

startrace96

Well I called evenflo today, wanting to know if they had a cover or may be comming out with a cover thats more of a girly color for the EFTA. of course they said no, but they are comming out with a new seat...
Its going to be a pink and brown color, and a boyish color too.
It has the same type of harness as the EFTA, only difference it does not have the knobs, it adjust in the front.
It rear faces and forward faces
They said its on a base and you can remove the base and the straps for a booster.
but I'm not sure what the weight limit is on FF or RF.
She said it should cost around 199.00 and it will be at Target, Babies R Us.
But she did not know if it would be any narrower than the EFTA (at the top of the seat).
Sorry thats all I know.....Wish I knew more. She said it will be in stores by September 2008, so thats not too much longer.

i pray that this is true i like the efta but hate those knobs. maybe they figured they were loosing $$ since so many people were having a hard time installing them rf and still being able to adjust the knobs.

NVMBR02

Interesting. I can't wait to see it. I really don't need another seat, but I am sure I could be tempted if it was something nice...

startrace96

yeah I hope its gonna be a good seat....but the downfall may be the FF weight limit....like I said they didnt say what that was, and my guess is if it had a high limit i figured they would make sure to mention it....which she didnt. :confused:

startrace96

Didn't someone on here mention the "symphony" a while back?

Off to do a search...

I just did a search on here and did not find anything about symphony. I do think that was the name she told me though. I also googled it. If anyone finds out anything about this PLEASE let me know....
Thanks!!!

barnmama25

Ehhhh!! New seats! Hopefully it will be something good!! I am always curious why they didnt change the upper weight limit on the Chase and their other FF harness/booster combo's.

startrace96

hummm.... so I wonder is the new one will be 40 too or if they would have changed it. If they didnt change it, then I'd just come out better getting the Graco Naut.

barnmama25

:doh:If they didnt make it a higher weight limit, well I'll just have to send them a virtual slap. I'm going to be really dissapointed if it only harnesses to 40lbs (but hey I would not be too disapointed if it rear faced to 40lbs!)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
hummm.... so I wonder is the new one will be 40 too or if they would have changed it. If they didnt change it, then I'd just come out better getting the Graco Naut.

Eh, I'd wait and see before giving up hope - they certified both the Titan Dlx and the EFTA to 50lbs, and their combo seats are rated to 47lbs in Canada already. I would be very shocked if they came out with a new seat that had a lower limit than their other new seats. (Well, new in the last year anyways. ;))

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Eh, I'd wait and see before giving up hope - they certified both the Titan Dlx and the EFTA to 50lbs, and their combo seats are rated to 47lbs in Canada already. I would be very shocked if they came out with a new seat that had a lower limit than their other new seats. (Well, new in the last year anyways. ;))

I'm very hopeful about this seat. We've been very pleasantly surprised in the past year (Nautilus, anyone? new AOEs?) so I don't think we should assume it's another 40 lb seat, or another mediocre 3-n-1, etc. :thumbsup:

lorinick

Has anyone seen the new evenflo seat thats going to be in store in sept '08?
If so what does it look like?

If they are BRU has no knowledge it for Sept. It's not on the list of new items in the gear dept. for Sept. anyway. We do get new things through Jan. That's when most new items come in. Last year Evenflo came out with EFTA in Oct. so maybe. I'll look again Sat. at the list. The Frontier is coming soon to store's.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC