New evenflo seat available sept 2008

startrace96

Ok I have a question what is AOE? Ok on to the bad news, I called evenflo back again today and ask them about the new seat....Here's the rundown
Its called an All in 1

rear facing 5 - 35
Forward facing 20 - 40
Booster from 30 - 100
it does not convert to a backless booster

Colors liberty - 2 tone gray with black on side.
They told me yesterday it came in a pink and black, but today they said it only had 1 pattern. :mad:

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up like mine were:mad::mad:

Guess I'll go on the the GN when my DD is ready, I had one, but had to return it b/c I didnt realize that it didnt RF and she's only 17 - 18 pounds, and was worried about the expiration date before she got to that point.

Once again I'm sorry I even posted this:mad:

I was so Hoping this seat would work.....:(

ADS

ginny4

Ok I have a question what is AOE? Ok on to the bad news, I called evenflo back again today and ask them about the new seat....Here's the rundown
Its called an All in 1

rear facing 5 - 35
Forward facing 20 - 40
Booster from 30 - 100
it does not convert to a backless booster

Colors liberty - 2 tone gray with black on side.
They told me yesterday it came in a pink and black, but today they said it only had 1 pattern. :mad:

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up like mine were:mad::mad:

Guess I'll go on the the GN when my DD is ready, I had one, but had to return it b/c I didnt realize that it didnt RF and she's only 17 - 18 pounds, and was worried about the expiration date before she got to that point.

Once again I'm sorry I even posted this:mad:

I was so Hoping this seat would work.....:(

YUCKY. that is so disappointing. why on earth would they come out with somehting liek that when there are gazillion of these silly seats. UGH

startrace96

I know I'm really dissapointed....I need a longer harnessing seat. I have one EFTA and I have the avenue, guess I'll go with the GN after she outgrows the avenue. Well that is unless they have something better then. I know that will be sever years down the road...lol. But I was so hoping..

What does AOE mean?

lorinick

I know I'm really dissapointed....I need a longer harnessing seat. I have one EFTA and I have the avenue, guess I'll go with the GN after she outgrows the avenue. Well that is unless they have something better then. I know that will be sever years down the road...lol. But I was so hoping..

What does AOE mean?

Alpha Omega Elite Cosco

emandbri

I was really hoping for something with a higher rear-facing weight limit. Elizabeth is 29 lbs and I have a marathon that goes to 35. The makers have 6 lbs to make a seat that goes rear-facing longer! ;)

U

Unregistered

Actually I am on a mother's group for Evenflo and I am testing the Symphony out right now. I like it a lot. It is the gray color like posted previously. It is really simple to adjust unlike other car seats that I have used....very user friendly for any mom. Instead of having the three slots in the back where you have to adjust the straps, the straps move up and down and adjust with the child...no more having to put your child in and thread the straps through. You just put the car seat in and adjust it as you put your child in...if that makes any sense. I can take a pic and post it if anyone is interested. My child is forward facing but for the rear facing children it has 4 different reclining positions. Also the head rest moves up and down to adjust with your child just like a regular seat in the car does. I think it is neat. I would definitely buy it that is for sure...and I am not trying to solicit or anything like that. I was just looking online to find out when this actually gets released to the public and found this thread.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Yes, of COURSE we want pictures!! :)

And can you confirm the rear-facing and forward-facing limits?

Basically any existing info you can confirm and any additional info you can provide will be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

U

Unregistered

Looks like you guys had the weights right...
Rear is 5-35 (has one reclining position)
Forward is 20-40 (has three reclining positions)
Booster is 30-100

The booster seat is not backless. The base does come off when it turns into a booster. It has body pillows and head pillows for the babies just like most out there now a days. The headrest is adjustable for whatever height the child is. It is really easy to use too...just squeeze this red lever behind the headrest and it goes up and down. Looks like they might be thinking 199 for the price of the carseat. It has Surelatch connectors which makes the installation easier. It has a side removable cupholder. Umm....I don't know what else you guys would like to know. :)

How do you post pics on here? I don't see the option to.

U

Unregistered1

I'm disappointed that it's only a 40 lb limit. Sounds like an EFTA with a booster mode option, a lower weight limit and a higher price. IMO, a step down from the EFTA - but I'll reserve final judgement for when I see it!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
So....dorel steps up and makes a good seat(the new AOE), and evenflo decides there just arent enough crappy 3-in-1's with stupid limits, so it steps in to fill the void??
ARGH!
At least maybe the booster is a *good* booster? If the top slot height allows kids to actually GET to 40 pounds, and the booster is good, then okay..I can see it...most parents arent going to hanress their kids past 40 anyway.......

Me WANT pics.

and measurement of the slot in top position.

U

Unregistered

Sorry about the delay!! I was gone all day then when I went to the site tonight it was unavailable. Here are the pics. Hope they help! The first one is with the extra pads. Second one obviously is without and with the headrest fully extended. Didn't take a pic of the booster seat mode yet because I haven't converted it. My son is just forward facing and is only 23 lbs. Haven't had a whole lot of time to mess around with it. I am not sure if they are going to let us keep them or not. I am kind of thinking they aren't since it isn't on the market yet. :(

100_1872.jpg

100_1873.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC