Acronyms Strike Again - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Again we welcome Heather’s dh, Matt, for Guest Wednesday.As a non-tech person, I am generally confused by the various terminology used on a regular basis by those who are tech people.  But I am trying to learn.  One of these terms is LATCH, which must be really important because it’s in all caps.  I understand [...]

Please click here to read more at CarseatBlog.Com...

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I will comment over on the blog too (eventually) but I just wanted to say that Heather, I love your DH's guest posts! I've chuckled out loud while reading both of them.

(Does he actually know how to install seats correctly, or do you really mutter and redo it after he installs? I can't remember the last time my DH installed a car seat. :p)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
He's the most popular writer we have!

Guess we need more guest posts making fun of CPS lol.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
He's the most popular writer we have!

Guess we need more guest posts making fun of CPS lol.

:ROTFLMAO:

Maybe we need someone to write a tongue-in-cheek post about their car seat addition (as in car seat collection). I'd volunteer but I know there are people here who are far, far better - er - worse than me about accumulating seats. :p

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, man, that was funny!

It’s an acronym, and, as I have learned through diligent research on Wikipedia, means Lines Attached To Car Hooks.

Also, from now on, I'm referring to the seat bight as the "seat butt." ("Just reach your hand into the seat butt and feel around for the hooks...")

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member

Maybe we need someone to write a tongue-in-cheek post about their car seat addition (as in car seat collection). I'd volunteer but I know there are people here who are far, far better - er - worse than me about accumulating seats. :p

Ahem, my ears are burning. :p I don't think I'm the worst accumulator compared to others on the forum here, though. ;)

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Thanks, guys! His head is getting really big now, but I do have to admit he's a damn good writer.

No, Andrea, he really doesn't know how to install a car seat. He did once--with LATCH--and did a good job. But you should have heard our conversation a month ago on how to get the Monterey out of his car :ROTFLMAO:. He needed to take someone to lunch and he couldn't figure out how to get it a) loosened, and b) undone because he's used to the push-on LATCH connectors. I told him to just put the smallest woman in the seat and go :D.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
No, Andrea, he really doesn't know how to install a car seat. He did once--with LATCH--and did a good job. But you should have heard our conversation a month ago on how to get the Monterey out of his car :ROTFLMAO:. He needed to take someone to lunch and he couldn't figure out how to get it a) loosened, and b) undone because he's used to the push-on LATCH connectors. I told him to just put the smallest woman in the seat and go :D.

Interesting! My DH was our installer before I was bitten by the car seat bug 2+ years ago. I think he did a pretty good job, though I'm not sure (hard to evaluate when it was so long ago). He DID have to install both kids' seats last summer when his car broke down and he borrowed an old Jeep from his boss - ironically, this happened when I was out of town at my CPST class - and he put the locking clip on the wrong side. But he DID know to use the lockig clip. :thumbsup: The other seat was a PW, I think, and it was fine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC