Difference between Apex and Nautilus?

U

Unregistered

Hi!

I was thinking about the Apex (I need a 40lbs+ seat) but I saw all your exciting about having the Nautilus in Canada ASAP. Is it so much better? (Forget the Generation, 47lbs is a joke in my case...)

Thank you!

ADS
Welcome!

I can think of two main advantages of the Nautilus over the Apex:

1) Nautilus does not require headrest support, while the Apex does

2) Graco allows the Nautilus to be latched in booster mode. DS rarely remembers to buckle in his PW when he gets out of my parents' car, and I suspect they rarely remember to check. I'd much prefer him to have a latched booster in their car to reduce the projectile risk.

There are probably others, but those are the two that come to mind right away.

MomToEliEm

The apex top harness slot is 17.5" vs the Nautilus's 18.5" top harness lot.

The apex requires a highback or headrest support behind the seat (at least up to the child's ears) while the nautilus does not require that.

The apex turns into a highback booster while the nautilus turns into a highback and a no-back booster when the time is right.

The apex cannot use the latch strap in booster mode while the nautilus can be held in place with latch (at least in the newer revised instructions). This helps keep the booster from being a projectile in the car, especially since most people don't bother to fasten a booster seatbelt when the booster is not in use.

The apex expires in 6 years while the nautilus expires in 6 years as a harnessed and highback booster but gives you 9 years as a no-back booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC