Need help with double stroller!!

firemomof3

I need some advice on what to get for a double stroller! I have a 2y/o who walks, 15mo. who rides and I'm expecting a baby in April. I have a baby jogger double city series which I LOVE! But, with the new baby coming I won't have room in my minivan for the baby jogger. So, I need a double stroller which folds pretty flat, is good for tall people and can be maneuvered at fairgrounds. Thanks!

ADS

Niea

I don't know if this will necessarily work for you, but I love my Maclaren Twin Techno. By looking at it, it doesn't seem like it would roll well over uneven surfaces, but so far I haven't had much of a problem. It depends on your fairgrounds, but ours is mostly dirt and cement paths and the stroller works fine on it.

firemomof3

Ya, my baby jogger (not the mini) takes up alot of space! I have a kia sedona minivan and behind the 3rd row there is very little space. Thanks for the recommendation of the Maclaren, I've also seen the combi?

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
We liked our Mac Twin Techno... but it only ever went on pavement/asphalt. I've only test driven a Combi in the store and I found it to be plasticky. :eek:

I adored my Phil and Ted's E3... what about that?

firemomof3

Ya, the phil & ted is ideal. Probably the perfect stroller but I just cannot afford it. I also saw the peg perego side by side, maybe that?

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Stay far away from the PP Aria... so lightweight and flimsy feeling. I definitely hated this one and it is light years away from the Baby Jogger you're used to (I used to own one as well. :)).

What about removing the back wheels on the BJ and sitting it upright in the trunk... I've fit my BJCSD in the back of a short wheel base Caravan, so I'm having trouble picturing how it doesn't fit... it really is a nice stroller. :)

firemomof3

OMG!! :bow:
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I took off the back wheels (didn't even know they came off :eek:) and my Baby Jogger fits!!
What a relief, because I really do love this stroller. Now, if I can just get dh excited about the baby...:rolleyes:

healthyhome4us

If you like the Baby Jogger brand,,maybe try the Baby Jogger city MINI double?..it folds much flatter, and lighter but has the same great fold and larger seats..its just not as plush as the city series that you currently have(and no air tires)...but still it is very nice :) I've heard you can also attach a board to the back of the Double Mini,,offering a ride to your oldest if he/she gets tired.

And I second the advice on the twin techno - also worth looking at :)

Also, try looking at the Valco Lattitude Twin? www.valcobaby.com

(I'm new here,,hope it is ok to post about strollers..someone please let me know if I can't yet...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC