Rec'd my new Apex65 today...

drlynne

I ordered an Apex65 from Albee baby, the ones on clearance for 109.99. I bought it for a second extra for my 5.5 year old who is normally riding in a Britax Frontier. Anyway, I think it's a great seat, pretty light weight for moving around if needed, unlike the frontier. The one that I got has a manufacture date of 12/2007, in case anyone else is planning to order. I want to point out too that I read the manual cover to cover and it does say you can use a towel under AND behind the carseat when you install it. Thought that was interesting since I've never seen that stated in any other manual. If anyone wants any more info on it let me know.

Lynne

ADS

drlynne

Here is the little one I babysit in the seat. He is 5, 40lbs and 43 inches. Of course my potty training two year old had to hop in it too so here she is as well.

MoreLatte

I didn't realize how big that seat is. Please let me know how your install goes, if you can. Since you mentioned it is pretty light weight, it might be a good option for my DD. I just found out that the bus she will be taking field trips in for preschool has lap-only belts. I would much rather drive her, but she thinks that little bus is so cool and can't wait to ride in it. Of course I told her we'd be bringing a seat for her. I hadn't considered the Apex, thanks for sharing! Carseat-buying wheels are turning once more:whistle:

crunchierthanthou

Graco manuals mention using something to protect the seat as well.

morelatte, it is lighter weight, but is as wide as the Regent. It also requires head support from the vehicle seatback. Is it a proper bus? If it's just a van, odds are that the seatbacks may not be high enough. They need to be at least as high as the child's eye level (about to the tops of the ears, or the same height as when harnessed seat shells are outgrown).

ginny4

we have an apex in thta same color. does yours have EPS foam in the headrest? mine doesn't but it was a earlier DOM. i just wish it did. KWIM? the apex was our main seat but is now our 2nd seat so it doesn't bother me as much.

oh eb sure the headrest is set up above the harness slot. from the pic it looks like the headrest is a lil low but it could be the angle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC