Britax Marathon in Aqua?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have never seen that one. I suppose it is new?

I also haven't seen it in Plum.

The Companion was available in both Aqua and Plum. I suppose that is where it originated.

yeah those two are brand new covers. i haven't seen them in person but i saw them on another website close up and the blue looked plush and the black looked almos like the onyx cover center.

cpsaddict

I thought the Brooke cover was a Target exclusive?

It was, but now that Target is not carrying that pattern, online sites will snap up what's left and Britax will use the covers on new seats. That's what happened with the Portland print. It was a BRU exclusive until it was clearanced and then Albee had it for cheap.

crunchierthanthou

Albee Baby essentially functions as Britax's outlet. As the pp said, once a seat is no longer carried as an exclusive, they are clearanced through Albee Baby. That doesn't necessarily mean older DOMs, either. Last year the Portland and Erin seats were shipping with DOMs only 2-3 weeks before the purchase date.

The Plum and Aqua are new, but it's likely a situation where they are using up fabric from the Companion (which is rumored to be discontinued soon). It's a good price if you like the look of them. :)

barnmama25

Ok if they are discontinueing the Companion I REALLY want to see what they are coming out with for the new infant seat ( I thought it would just be a 30lbs Companion). I mean how can you be in the market of car seats and not have an Infant seat?
Amy- *who hopes it will be an infant seat like the Baby Safe!, With ALL European features!*

BabyKaykes

A poster on another board just recieved her Aqua MA - It is the exact OPPOSITE as the picture shown on albee. The sides are black and the inside is blue. Weird...

mom2juliarose

A poster on another board just recieved her Aqua MA - It is the exact OPPOSITE as the picture shown on albee. The sides are black and the inside is blue. Weird...

How weird. Is there any mention of if it's plush, or if the black is like the plasticy/vinyl material? (Not sure what that's called.)

kate4478

if it's like the same material as the companion, it's not plush. the black part is the same as the black part on the monza. maybe i can get a close up of the monza so you can see the type of material. i don't know how to explain it. :shrug-shoulders:

mybabysmomma

if it's like the same material as the companion, it's not plush. the black part is the same as the black part on the monza. maybe i can get a close up of the monza so you can see the type of material. i don't know how to explain it. :shrug-shoulders:

Does it make the kid hotter than the other, more plush covers? I want to get one of these for my nephew (can't beat the price) but if he's going to be hot in it, I'll get another one.

Has anyone heard what the DOMs are on these? I'm now debating between this one and the all star because the all star cover might not make him as hot, but I'm thinking the all star will probably have an older DOM. ahhhh! What to do? What to do.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador

Isn't it slightly microfiber-like?

barnmama25

The new Aqua and Purple covers have DOM's of August 2008! I believe the colored part is the same material as the black Onyx or BRU's Platinum (inthe middle parts).

kate4478

Does it make the kid hotter than the other, more plush covers? I want to get one of these for my nephew (can't beat the price) but if he's going to be hot in it, I'll get another one.
i don't think it made my ds any hotter, and it's pretty hot & humid here in south louisiana.

mybabysmomma

The new Aqua and Purple covers have DOM's of August 2008! I believe the colored part is the same material as the black Onyx or BRU's Platinum (inthe middle parts).

Wow! That would even be a better deal than the Marathon I got for our other nephew during the Target clearance because that DOM was mid 07.

i don't think it made my ds any hotter, and it's pretty hot & humid here in south louisiana.

Thanks so much! I guess if they don't like the cover once they get it, they can always buy a replacement one. Off to spend Dh's hard earned money... :whistle:

dhardawa

Albee Baby essentially functions as Britax's outlet. As the pp said, once a seat is no longer carried as an exclusive, they are clearanced through Albee Baby. That doesn't necessarily mean older DOMs, either. Last year the Portland and Erin seats were shipping with DOMs only 2-3 weeks before the purchase date.

The Plum and Aqua are new, but it's likely a situation where they are using up fabric from the Companion (which is rumored to be discontinued soon). It's a good price if you like the look of them. :)

This is exactly what happened. I emailed my rep with a WTF email wanting to know where these covers came from. He said they were clearanced to Albee and were all gone now. As for the Brooke and other Target exclusives, those were offerred to all retailers until they sell out of the covers. Also, my new price list shows NO Companions so I'd say they are already discontinued. All I could order was an extra base.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC