Carrying Frontier through airport (go go kidz)?

essnce629

Am I correct in assuming I can't use our Go Go Kidz to roll our Frontier through the airport tomorrow? I don't know how I'm going to lug that beast through the airport! We're bringing our stroller to gate check (Peg Perego Pliko Lite) so I'm thinking it may be best to put the Frontier in the stroller and roll it to the gate and then gate check the stroller right before we get on the plane. Does this seem like the best plan? I hope the Frontier will stay on the stroller since it's an umbrella-like stroller. I wish I had a bungee cord to secure it! :eek:

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I don't know if it is compatible or not. Have you tried to put the Go Go Kidz on the Frontier? If it fita and works fine I see no reason not to use it.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't know anything about the GoGo Kidz since I don't have one but we brought a car seat and a Maclaren Volo to the airport in June. I loosened the harness straps as far as I could and then looped each one onto one of the handles on the back of the stroller...with the front of the car seat facing the back of the stroller. This allowed ds to still ride. When he didn't want to be in the stroller I moved the car seat to the front, with the front of the seat facing the front of the stroller and then reattached the harness straps to the handles. But Maclarens have 2 separate handles...so if your stroller doesn't this might not work. It's all I've got for ya...hope it helps!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I don't know anything about the GoGo Kidz since I don't have one but we brought a car seat and a Maclaren Volo to the airport in June. I loosened the harness straps as far as I could and then looped each one onto one of the handles on the back of the stroller...with the front of the car seat facing the back of the stroller. This allowed ds to still ride. When he didn't want to be in the stroller I moved the car seat to the front, with the front of the seat facing the front of the stroller and then reattached the harness straps to the handles. But Maclarens have 2 separate handles...so if your stroller doesn't this might not work. It's all I've got for ya...hope it helps!

I do not recommend doing this! You should not carry any carseat by he harness and by doing this that is what you are essentially doing. You are just not using your hand to carry it. Harness webbing is designed to stretch just like vehicle seat belts in a crash. If you are carrying your carseat by the harness you could be stretching the webbing and if you get in a wreck the webbing may not have anymore stretch to it. This could result in your child being injured.

mom2juliarose

I saw that it wasn't recommended to loosen the straps and hook them on the handles of the stroller, but how about using the top tether and clipping it to somewhere around the stroller fold?

We have an old Baby Trend Eurosport (no longer sold). It's a lot similar to a Inglesina Swift. Anyway, the Marathon we have sits perfectly on the seat of the stroller when the stroller is as reclined as it can be. But for extra caution I hook the top tether to the stroller folding mechanism.

But now I'm wondering if maybe that's not a good thing to do? :confused:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
If you are actually setting the MA on the stroller seat with the weight being supported by the stroller and then hooking the top tether for extra stability I see nothing wrong with that. If you are hanging the seat by the tether strap then that would be a problem.

You just do not want the harness or top tether supporting the full weight of the carseat as the previsious poster described by hanging the carseat on the back of the stroller by the harness straps.

mom2juliarose

If you are actually setting the MA on the stroller seat with the weight being supported by the stroller and then hooking the top tether for extra stability I see nothing wrong with that. If you are hanging the seat by the tether strap then that would be a problem.

That's exactly what we're doing. Thanks for clarifying that! :)

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Huh, that never occurred to me. Now that it's brought to my attention, since we were carrying a very light seat and weren't stretching the harness, I have no concerns that I did any damage to our seat. But I can see where this could be a problem with a much heavier seat like a Frontier. So scratch that 'hang it from the stroller handles' thing.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Huh, that never occurred to me. Now that it's brought to my attention, since we were carrying a very light seat and weren't stretching the harness, I have no concerns that I did any damage to our seat. But I can see where this could be a problem with a much heavier seat like a Frontier. So scratch that 'hang it from the stroller handles' thing.

It does not matter what carseat it is. Most manufactures state in the manual do not carry by harness. I would find another altenative to carrying the carseat in the future. You can also strap it to a luggage cart. They range from abot $20-$70 depending on the cart.

mamabear

to the OP,
On another note, will you post back after your flight and let us know how the Frontier did?
There are some on here that are interested and I don't think anyone has posted about flying with it yet....
Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC