Question Rethreading a seat

C

confoundit

Hallo!

Okay...so I didn't bother reading my manual (I know I know :)) and pulled out all the belts to create a booster seat for my daughter on our Safety 1st Enspira. Now a friend of mine has a visitor coming to town and needs to borrow a car seat for a 14month old for a few days. It is a 3in1 if I can rethread the straps. This booster is only used occasionally and so I can lend it out as a carseat if I can rethread the straps. Is it possible or am I stuffed?

Last edited:
ADS

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I don't have this particular seat, but I imagine the manual would have instructions for rethreading, if not, just do the reverse for the unthreading. Have you checked the manual in attempting to rethread?

C

confoundit

Thanks! I did find my manual after but it doesn't show you how to rethread the belts if you totally removed them...just how to put the harness back in. I have all the pieces just out...totally....

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Well, it should just be the harness and the crotch strap, right? I bet that if you find the section on cleaning the buckle, it will show you how to remove/replace the crotch strap. So - if you have directions on replacing the harness and replacing the crotch strap - you should be good to go! :thumbsup:

However, if you give it a try and don't feel that you've re-threaded everything properly, I'd let the friend know that she should borrow a seat from someone else (unless you have another seat she can use). Better to inconvenience her a bit than to put a kiddo in a seat that you're not sure is safe.

And by the way, I just have to say that I love your user name. :thumbsup:

C

confoundit

Thanks! Yah I may just lend her one of my Radians for the time and put the booster in our car for my daughter to use until she's done with it. My girls are currently in Radians in our car and we have the booster for the older one in case a grandparent needs to take her in a car. It might just be easier than trying to rethread anything....I remember when I did the recall kit..it was a huge pain...sticky tape belts together and it comes apart half way through the retractor and whatnot....

Thanks again!

Thanks for the compliments on the name! confoundit and dagbustit are the only version of swearing we have left in our house with our two little parrots walking around :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Did you pull the adjuster strap completely out of the adjustment mechanism? If so, that seat can't be used as a harnessed seat again. The strap can not be re-threaded on it's own - that's why the recall kit required the new tail of the strap to be pulled through attached to the old one... if the old one was removed completely beforehand, then there was no way to thread the new one.

Sorry if I'm totally misinterpreting your last comment, but that was just the feeling I got from your mention of the recall replacement process. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC