carseat commercial

Simplysomething

I wasn't sure if I should put this here or elsewhere, but I wanted to share. I actually saw a commercial for a carseat the other day! It was for the safegaurd seat. I've actaully never ever ever seen a commercial for a carseat before.

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Interesting, I've never seen commercials for seats before, either. What program and channel did you see the commercial on, if you don't mind my asking? Just curious from a marketing and carseat geek standpoint. :)

Simplysomething

I don't know which channel it was, I know it wasn't discovery health (I watch it, just not much), it was mid-morning, but I can't remember which channel it was. It might have been one of the other discovery channels though. heh

Is there a reason we don't see much or any advertising for safety seats? Is it not allowed?

It all seems to be more "word of mouth" (or online... but posts, not ads).

Jeanum

Staff member
Thanks, I'll have to make a point to try to watch for the ad. I think I have the Discovery Health Channel but I'm not sure, lol. Ads are allowed as far as I know but I've only seen a few carseat ads in parenting magazines. I believe Graco has been running a print ad for the Safe Seat product line.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I'd love to see it -- the mamas at American Pregnancy Association forums are totally freaked out by it :D :p

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Was thinking about this more -- still haven't seen it ... but, reminds me of the 1970's German crash test videos we watched in my course -- the "dummies" were living convicted prisoners :eek: Some of them were pretty funny, though -- 1 man in particular seemed to get a constant rush for the experience while 1 woman looked TICKED OFF :eek: :p

Jeanum

Staff member
Papooses, are you talking about the VW Jetta commericals where they show people riding and chatting in the car, and then WHAM there's a crash and then the Jetta occupants are shown at the end seemingly dazed but unharmed? There's a couple of versions of the ad and they have been freaking viewers out. I haven't seen them on TV but there are clips online. There's an article in today's Detroit Free Press about the commercials at: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006605020394 and links to video clips of the two ads at: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200660502001

I watched the clips and can see why they would freak out viewers, especially if they didn't know there was going to be a crash shown. There either is no sound for the clips or my PC is misbehaving.

I still haven't seen the commercial for the Safeguard carseat but really haven't had a chance to try to watch for it yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC