OMG! Easiest Install EVER!!

Mommy2Marcus

I am now in :love: with the LATCH system & my Marathon! That had to be the easiest install EVER in my life! My dad has a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the LATCH system. I was just going to install with the belt, but decided I would see how LATCH was since everyone says how easy it is. I am now completely impressed b/c it really is 2 seconds & you're done! Here are a couple of pictures of it installed RF with LATCH in a 2006 Jeeo Grand Cherokee SRT 8 installed behind the passenger! Can someone tell me if this allows center LATCH?? Also can someone be so kind as to tell me what the angle is?? It is on completely level ground BTW!

019-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

017-2.jpg

ADS

a_js

Dunno on the angle, but I have to agree with you--the first time I did a LATCH install on ds' wizard, I thought i'd died and gone to heaven :D

Mommy2Marcus

Dunno on the angle, but I have to agree with you--the first time I did a LATCH install on ds' wizard, I thought i'd died and gone to heaven :D

I know...I was like can it really be installed THAT quick & THAT easy! The answer is YES! I am in heaven now! I SO want LATCH in my next car!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
The '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee allows center lower LATCH installs if it's a flexible LATCH child restraint, not rigid LATCH, and if the child restraint manufacturer allows non-standard lower LATCH anchor spacing. The MA indeed has flexible LATCH and Britax allows non-standard spacing, so a center installation would be allowed in your Dad's Grand Cherokee. :thumbsup:

Mommy2Marcus

The '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee allows center lower LATCH installs if it's a flexible LATCH child restraint, not rigid LATCH, and if the child restraint manufacturer allows non-standard lower LATCH anchor spacing. The MA indeed has flexible LATCH and Britax allows non-standard spacing, so a center installation would be allowed in your Dad's Grand Cherokee. :thumbsup:

WOOT! Thanks so much! That is good to know! I appreciate you looking it up & letting me know!

seamonkeys

OMG, are you kidding me? Heck yeah, it's easy!! I'm so dreading when DS1 hits 40 lbs and I have to use the seatbelt!!! (He's hovering at 37-38 lbs right now!)

Mommy2Marcus

don't forget to use your rear facing tether.

It is only installed for the night & then one more ride tomorrow. Then it goes back to my moms car. I also didn't have the D-Ring with me. I will retether it once I move it back to my moms car!

As far as the seat belt goes 2lilmokeys. It really is not hard either. This is the 1st time I have installed with LATCH & while it IS easier, the seat belt is not hard either!

Citrine

I have the wizard and regants and LOVE LOVE LOVE the latch system, so easy to install and uninstall in seconds. I find the seatbelt belt install just as easy though. I have a Graco Nautilus and I hate that latch system. Always takes me longer to uninstall that. I got my Aunt and Uncle hooked on Britax because it is so easy to install with the latch. love it love it love it

seamonkeys

As far as the seat belt goes 2lilmokeys. It really is not hard either. This is the 1st time I have installed with LATCH & while it IS easier, the seat belt is not hard either!

True, but not when trying to weave the belt through for LBP on the Frontier! :rolleyes: But I have done it a few times, and have got the hang of it pretty well. I guess mainly it just takes longer with the seatbelt.

crunchierthanthou

I think the angle is fine. It's pretty close to 30, but I don't think less than. It's an easy fix to get it more reclined if his head slumps when he sleeps. Just loosen the LATCH connectors and push down over the back of the seat as you retighten.

I can't tell if it's braced, but you should check his owner's manual to see what it says about anything touching the seatback. If it has advanced airbags, it likely can't be braced.

cpsaddict

I love my MA for this very reason. I can do a rock solid install in less than 5 minutes. In contrast, I installed the Uptown with LATCH and it took 10 minutes to get it acceptable.

Mommy2Marcus

I think the angle is fine. It's pretty close to 30, but I don't think less than. It's an easy fix to get it more reclined if his head slumps when he sleeps. Just loosen the LATCH connectors and push down over the back of the seat as you retighten.

I can't tell if it's braced, but you should check his owner's manual to see what it says about anything touching the seatback. If it has advanced airbags, it likely can't be braced.

It is touching the front seat, but not really leaning on it. Is this considered bracing?? I'll go out there tonight & move the passenger seat up just a little to make sure that it in not touching it just to be on the safe side!

I do know how to get a more reclined install, just wanted to make sure it was not to upright. I didn't know for sure if it was or not. However it will be moved back out tomorrow afternoon when we pick my moms car back up!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC