Nice write up about car seat check on local blog

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
http://activerain.com/blogsview/644888/Free-car-seat-safety

This dad came to our check last Saturday with his sweet little girl. He was taking all kinds of pictures, but I did not know why (thought maybe his wife wanted scrap book photos?). He did a really nice write up about our event.
That's me in the hat and the bald guy is a retired motorycle cop/CPSTech.

His seat was nearly expired (2002 DOM) and was a Canadian seat to boot. Hopefully he was impressed enough with our advice and went to purchase a new seat.

Anyway, its always nice to be appreciated. I don't think Remken made it into these photos, but she came out and scribed for the event to get ready for her certification class this fall.

ADS

Heather98012

Wow, that's awesome! He sounded like he listened to what you had to say, & I'm guessing that Audi has a new seat (or will soon). I doubt he would blow your info off & then blog about it.

You must feel great about it...& you should!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Oh, nice install by him. LOL Did she go back in RFing?

Nice little article. And nice photos. :)

Wendy

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Yeah, he had the seat installed FF using the RF belt path. He wanted to discuss rear-facing with his wife first, so I told him to show her the You-Tube rear facing videos and to google extended rear-facing to be convinced. So, she left forward facing, but properly installed and tethered (safer than she came anyway).

Hopefully when they get their new seat, they will put her back rear-facing. I taught him how to install it both ways.

Mommy2Marcus

Yeah, he had the seat installed FF using the RF belt path. He wanted to discuss rear-facing with his wife first, so I told him to show her the You-Tube rear facing videos and to google extended rear-facing to be convinced. So, she left forward facing, but properly installed and tethered (safer than she came anyway).

Hopefully when they get their new seat, they will put her back rear-facing. I taught him how to install it both ways.

I was just going to ask if the seat was installed FF with the RF belt path. I was pretty sure it was! Hopefully he buys a new seat as well as turns her back RF! You should feel good though that at least he was willing to listen & that she left safer than she came in at least!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Awesome! I hope a lot of people read his blog, he did a great job explaining the procedure :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC