Has anyone ever seen this seat???

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I am not a fan of the Intera.

It is a nice, narrow seat when you take the base off, but it is a pain to install baseless (in my experience). It does work well for extended rear-facing, which is good. I just don't find it very user-friendly.

MomToEliEm

From the carseat measurements page it has the following slots:

slot 1: 10"
slot 2: 12"
slot 3: 14"
slot 4: 16"

It does seem like a cute seat with the ladybug pattern. I don't think I have ever seen that design before.

mish

I don't know about the fabric. I think this seat is a pain in the butt. Seriously. I would rather see money spent on a scenara and then a good booster seat. It is the most horrible thing to install rear facing with that base on.

Mom2three

I will definantly pass this info along. I think she wants it because of the ladybug cover. I can't think of any other reason she would be so set on it...especially since she hasn't seen it IRL. We have not had the Avenue show up around here yet...but maybe I can convince her to try it. If I remember correctly there are a few girlie covers right? Would the Avenue be a good seat for a child her age and weight?

Heather98012

Oh my goodness, that is one cute seat! But, I'm afraid I would get sick of it after a while; almost like it's too cute, KWIM?

But, if it's a PITA, definately tell her to skip it!

Mommy2Marcus

OMG! That is TO cute, but I think I would tire of it after awhile. Ginny around here actually has the intera & is using it right now. Hopefully she will chime in some more about it!

I would totally go for the Avenue as it seems like a really good seat! I also like the Evenflo Triumph Advance which is the same price & it will more than likely last you longer. Another seat I am a huge fan of right now is the TrueFit. It is only a little more expensive & comes in a really cute cover.

So I vote for the EFTA:
http://www.target.com/Evenflo-Trium...v&field-browse=3579961&rank=pmrank&rh=&page=5

TrueFit:
http://www.target.com/First-Years-T...00YBIL4W/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1/601-4269854-1056131

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I even know a 2 yo who was thrilled to get out of her Intera into something more comfortable. I know it's totally cute, but that's the only thing it has going for it :( (I installed it without the base for her baby sister, and it reclined FLAT in a couple days!...with the base on, I'm not sure it would have even fit in their minivan, the base is so enormous).

ginny4

i have & using the intera for my 2yo DS (main seat RF). i couldn't figure out how to instal it baseless but nice & tight with the base in my grand caravan. my son likes it & finds it rather comfy. personally i HATE the scenera & liek the intera MUCH BETTER. you can literally RF in this thing forever. so it has a 35lb weight limit RF but i don't think you can max out the height before the weight since the headrest slides up a bit. i don't think my DS will have much if at all FF time in it.

the negatives are....it lacks EPS/EPP foam in it. it is just comfort foam & that's it. i'd prefer one with foam but i feel that DS is safe in the seat anyway

when FF the intera REQUIRES the headrest be supported by the vehicle high back seat or headrest. got the same silly rule as the APEX. ugh

so overall i like it. are there better choices out there? YES. if i were to choose again i'd prolly pick one that has eps foam & even taller top slots.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC